Norfolk Island Airport (YSNF), is located in the Pacific Ocean between Australia, New Zealand and New Caledonia. It's currently serviced by Qantas and Air Chathams for RPT, Toll Group for freight, and RFDS, and Aspen Medical/Avcair for aeromedical retrival and transport. It's utilised by GA as a transit and refueling point when crossing the Tasman.
Norfolk Island is 430nm from Noumea (NWWW), 588nm from Auckland (NZAA), 483nm from Lord Howe Island (YLHI), 791nm from Brisbane (YBBN) and 907nm from Sydney (YSSY).
Please note that this is a work in progress. Any feedback or resource material (photos, videos etc.) are very much appreciated.
- 5M DEM (elevation data) for Norfolk Island, and surrounding islands (Nepean Island and Flinders Island).
- Added Terminal, Meteorological Office, Emergency Services Centre, Fuel Facility, Waste Centre, Sewage Treatment Plant and Electricity shed.
- Moved aerodrome beacon to Mount Pitt, 1.4nm to the north.
- Added VOR, DME and NDB infrastructure to the correct locations.
- Updated wind direction indicators (windsocks) and added lighting.
- Added taxi, stop bar, leadout line markings.
- Added apron lighting.
World Update VII: Australia
Known Issues and plans:
- Create custom buildings and clutter. Currently using library models.
- Vegetation needs extensive updating. I've fixed some of it, but there is a lot more work to do for it to be representative of the area.
- Improve runway, taxiway and apron lighting.
- Fences. Waiting until SU10 to utilise the Fence Tool.
- Add Kingston's UNESCO World Heritage site as a POI.
While no obligation, any donations will be used to create and maintain my sceneries.