PLEASE READ BEFORE DOWNLOAD
Since WU4 and altitude data update for France, terraforming is no fully reliable. A patch has been release, see below. A big update will be realese after ...
V 1 . 0 . 1 : ONLY DOWNLOAD THE PATCH, OTHERS FILES HAVE NOT CHANGED. ONLY FOR PEOPLE WHO HAVE DOWNLAOD THE France and Benelux Terrain Enhancement (WU4).
Part 1 & 2 :
Chamonix17_19 correspond to the main file who contains 3D photogrammetry data, terraforming data (to integrate the scene into the sim), and objects data (helicoptere, fences, fuel station, cars, windsock, lights) to improve the DZ des bois helipad realism (require dependency).
Chamonix_DZ_aerial correspond to a small texture file that will improve the DZ des bois helipad (highly required).
Chamonix_patch_WU4 : https://www.mediafire.com/file/lotbmbqx8kp3xzf/Chamonix_Patch_WU4.zip/file = little patch to correct terraforming mismatch since WU4
Chamonix Mont Blanc Valley (WIP, 90%)
LOD 17-19 ; from the « Aiguille du midi » to « Les grand Montets / Argentière ».
Chamonix Mont Blanc Center, the Aiguille du midi and Helipad are on better definition (LOD 17-20).
- This scene is NOT compatible with « Helistation - Chamonix SDIS »
Google maps data extracted with Earth2MsfsWPF (credits to /u/Jonahex111).
Optimized with Thalixte's tools.
Summit annotation by Smvrf :
Better with the Airbus H135 Helicopter Project or the Savage Grravel - Monster Truck in the Skies :
When the 2 Chamonix parts are downloaded , simply extract into your community (tips are in FAQ section).
Addon full size : 3.75 Go
V1.0: initial release (Work in progress)
IMPORTANT NOTES :
- All photogrammetry data available for Chamonix are present in this scene (95-98%).
- Please consider it’s a WIP version and work still in progress on issues.
- Please consider I made HUGE efforts on terraforming, but it’s not still perfect. The Asobo - Bing texture and Asobo – Bing mesh was slightly shift, and I did my best to match this, as possible, with my scene. VFR map altitudes are conserved.
- Since the last world update of MSFS, sceneries uses more RAM and frame rate can be hugely impacted. Using this scene, you will lost around 10 FPS on the scene zone with native small plane and around 25 FPS with the Airbus H135 Helicopter Project, it depends on your setup.
- Snow depth will not react the same on the scene as on the native world. If you want snow, I recommand to fix snow depth to 10 cm.
Known issues :
- Helipads are not really helipads or parking but very shorts runways (invisible in game). This is why your engine is already start. I will work on that. Help wished.
- Terraforming will be reworked according to the game world update 4 and mountains improvements.
- I will add the DZ of Argentière + Chamonix Hospital helipad.
- Some tiles colors are bugged (oversaturated)
- Peaks summits seems like a bit "darker" on their north-west face due to the way how Google generate photogrammetry data. I will can’t do anything.
- Some light spots float over the valley in the night. I can’t remove them. Consider it as shooting stars.
- Borders of the mesh could seems like a bit round due to terraforming and and sometimes don’t refects real world elevation. (For Chamonix lovers :-* ). Some faked peaks can appear at long distance.
- On the DZ des bois heliport, some fences can disappear if you not start from here.
- Border render are not proper since WU4.
Disclaimer : Despite all the efforts to optimized performances, this addon require lot of RAM (min 24 Go) and "a good GPU" (mine is a GTX 1660Ti and it works propely). For lower configuration, this addon can cause a critical deacrease of FPS or game crash.
Have you FPS drops with scenery ?
First, you must know that sceneries take a lot of RAM and processor. Check your config before download.
I recomand you to install sceneries (as your game) on a SSD.
I will share you some tips (none exhaustive list) :
1) Decrease your game quality ( from ultra to high or medium) will improve performances and gain some FPS.
2) Close all your apps and background tasks when playing (Google, etc...).
3) Put your addons near the SSD root and add a shortcut into your community folder. You can use MSFS Addons Linker (https://flightsim.to/file/1572/msfs-addons-linker) to do that. It will greatly improve performances.
4) Increase size of your pagefile.sys. It’s highly recommanded to put your pageflie file on a SSD.
5) Delete your rolling cache file.
Despite all of my efforts to optimize scenery and improve performances, you will never have the same frame rate as the native game. So jets, helicoptere and airliner experiences will be limited.
I made sceneries by passion and I'm not, by far, an expert.
- Required EDHK Lights & Objects Developers Pack (Asset-Pack) by MrMo Download
- Recommended French Alps summits by Smvrf Download
Pretty empty over here.
GPS Coordinates 45.923697, 6.869433
Google Maps Import
Parts of this content includes 3D data and textures copyrighted by « Google Map data ». Google Maps and Map data are provided by © Google, LLC, Mountain View, California, US. This free creation contains content from Google Maps or Google Earth, in accordance with Google Terms of Services and especially point 2.2 of Google Maps/Google Earth Additional Terms of Service. This creation is based on « fair use » or « fair dealing » of the data provided by Google through its services. No commercial use or any gain will be made by the author of this creation or the original host site, who use Google assets as provided for by the simple user licence. The author is freely sharing a creative application of Google Maps or Google Earth. The author will not receive any form of remuneration for sharing this work. Spontaneous general donations from users of file hosting web services under the form of « rewards » or « tips » will be rejected. If this content is found elsewhere and is offered in exchange of money or any other kind of remuneration, it is without the permission of the author and if such theft of intellectual property occurs, this site, and the author will disavow such distribution. Google has stated that it cannot answer to any direct demand about a particular creative use of its properties, as it stated in the « written permission » paragraph of the same document, and all such demands should in the first instance be directed to the author of this work. The author’s verification of compliance with Google’s Terms of Services will rest on this statement of intent, and the use of the provision of the « Fair use » paragraph of the document. As it is economically unreasonable for the casual creator of this content to ask for a costly legal analysis of its creation like proposed in the « Fair use » paragraph of the document, the author of this creation and the owners of this site undertake to destroy any trace of the work on first demand from Google, in accordance with the paragraph « Taking action in case of problems » of the Google Terms of Service about « advance notice » provided « when reasonably possible ».
© AdrianL - All rights reserved. Any reupload or redistribution of this file without the author's prior written consent is forbidden.
This Flight Simulator 2020 Mod was created by AdrianL and shared in Scenery Enhancements » Mountains for Microsoft Flight Simulator.