Paradise Airstrips, New-Zealand, for MSFS
Real-life airstrips with fictitious ICAO code NZ56
After the end of the northern arm of Lake Wakatipu, beyond Glenorchy, a road leads to nowhere. Not really nowhere. It leads to Paradise. A remote place with few houses in a very beautiful place, used as film set in The Lord of the Rings trilogy. There, sheeps and cows are living a peaceful life. They can see from time to time planes landing on a small strip close to small lakes. This is what I called "Paradise airstrip".
In a field at the foot of the magestic Mt Alfred/Ari, not far from Glenorchy airfield, two grass runways are proposed.
It's a new airfield as it doesn't exist in default MSFS. I used default assets and some assets from various libraries. Please make sure you have them installed in your "Community" folder.
Developed using the Orbx NZ Mesh, it is also compatible with the base mesh (with a specific package).
It's a good complement to my other airstrips around Lake Wakatipu:
- Mount Nicholas Airstrip NZ58 (https://flightsim.to/file/16211/mt-nicholas-airstrips-nz58)
- Walter Peak Airstrip NZ59 (https://flightsim.to/file/15832/walter-peak-airstrip-nz59)
- Greenstone Station NZ57 (https://flightsim.to/file/19084/greenstone-station-airstrip-nz57)
- Glenorchy NZGY (https://flightsim.to/file/19442/glenorchy-airstrip-nzgy)
removed the Airport Services definition files that caused services to disappear from not only this airfield (as intended) but also all the airports in the region and even worldwide (bug from SU5).
So you may now see marshaller or pushback here, even if it's not realistic at all, waiting for this situation to be corrected by Microsoft/Asobo.
Please remove any previous version of this scenery you may have.
If you are using the base NZ mesh:
Just unzip and drop the "sbworks-airport-nz56-paradiseairstrip-BM" folder into your "Community" folder of MSFS.
If you are using the Orbx NZ mesh:
Just unzip and drop the "sbworks-airport-nz56-paradiseairstrip-OM" folder into your "Community" folder of MSFS.
But don't have them both at the same time in your "Community" folder!
It is strongly recommended to install those libraries:
- BeeKay-Pack1 v5.0 or later (https://flightsim.to/file/8887/beekay-pack1)
- Dave's 3d people v1.0.5 or later (https://flightsim.to/file/5452/dave-s-3d-people-library)
All work done by SBWorks (Stéphane Beilliard).