Cessna 172 Skyhawk Amphibian
A powerfull member of the short take-off and landing capable Skyhawk family built on a Lycoming 210HP STC :
This is a plane patch over Asobo's Skyhawk and adds a new plane to your hangar (located at the begining : letter C... like Cessna)
This mod respects the Game Content Usage Rules from Microsoft.
Cockpit settings :
You will find two variants to download :
- baglu-c172-amphib-g1000.zip : to be used with any version of MSFS2020
- baglu-c172-amphib-classic.zip : only if you have the Classic 172 from premium version
Note with the classic model : some features may not work (the xml files from the original plane are encrypted).
Current known issues :
- fuel selector locked on left side (if you have the bug on the Asobo classic 172 you will have it here too)
3D model modifications of the original Asobo Skyhawk plane included :
- Wipline 2350 floats, with external wires, retractable landing gear.
- Sportsman STOL Camber Cuffs on the wings.
- Increased flaps angle.
- paddle, ropes !
Flight model modifications included :
- more power from a STC 210HP 4 cylinders engine
- 4 position flaps (0°, 10°, 20° and down to 40°)
Sea landing :
Be gentle when landing on sea (as much as on ground), try not to bounce or you may crash.
Check the gear indicator in the cockpit (G1000 version only) and on the float through the window : gear have to be retracted for sea landing.
Cockpit is now the one from Asobo C172 with floats : so you will find gear lever, and water rudder lever, but only for G1000 version. On classic version, use shortcuts/buttons for gears and water rudder (ctrl+w is the default for water rudders)
Ground landing :
Water rudders have to be retracted
Steering on ground should be operated with differential breaking (breaking left or right), but I have not disabled rudder control, so you can still use it.
Liveries included :
Notes to livery makers :
- Registration numbers are split in two in panel.cfg : you will be able to set different colors for the wing and the side reg.
- Common parts of the plane have the exact same name as the C172 AS1000 model
- New parts have their textures in AMPHIB172-FLOATS* files
- Stickers are baked in the model, if you want to replace with yours, edit the file : BUSH172_STICKERS_ALBD.PNG You can also remove the stickers with a transparent texture file.
- The front of the wings are the sportsman camber cuff, defined in BUSH172_SPORTSMAN_* files.
EzRyder has made a very nice ALLInOne C172 Template. Don't miss that paint kit.
Also, don't miss the blender multi template pack from AIRPAC1
Flight model :
Flight model is based on reaperS73 work on the C172 STC 210HP STOL G1000 and allows to operate in a STOL mode in bush locations.
Where to sealand :
Well obviously, anywhere !
You will find a lot of very nice customized places with seaports, pontoons, marinas on flightsim.to
If you have no idea where to start, look at the nice seaports in Alaska made by Photosbykev and sjfly2.
About this work :
3D model has been made with blender from the export of Skyhawk G1000 Asobo's original model.
All the external textures and animations had to be redone and match the original definitions.
Floats have been modeled from real Wipline (c) models
A huge thanks to Newktv's developpement series that helped a LOT.
Many thanks to EzRyder who figured it out how to use the classic cockpit MikeFear303 for the classic cockpit xml & systems trick !
Special thanks to 270INC with the Wendy livery.
check also my other mods : https://flightsim.to/profile/bagolu/uploads