NOTE : Last FS.TO Website update broke a lot of features that were used on this page (variant uploads, sticky notes with precious information, FAQs with recurrent problems, ability to thank you for your kind messages).
I may miss your messages too as notifications don't point back to them and it's sometimes impossible to find where they were posted. Use private messages if you want replies.
FR172 REIMS ROCKET / CESSNA R172 HAWK XP II
by bagolu & MBX Aviation
We are happy to present you this free mod bringing an iconic member of the Cessna 172 family having an interesting power gain.
How to install it ?
Like all other mods :
- Remove previous version if there is one (in case some mod files are removed).
- Drop it in your community folder.
- Have a carefull look at the compatibility list
What are Reims Rocket and Hawk XPII ?
The FR172 Reims Rocket was produced by Reims Aviation in France from the late 1960s to the mid-1970s. It was powered by a Rolls-Royce built, fuel-injected, Continental IO-360-H(B) 210 hp (160 kW) engine with a constant-speed propeller.
The Reims Rocket led to Cessna producing the R172K Hawk XP, a model available from 1977 to 1981 from both Wichita and Reims. This configuration featured a fuel-injected, Continental IO-360K derated to 195 hp (145 kW) with a two-bladed, constant-speed propeller. The Hawk XP was capable of a 131-knot (243 km/h) cruise speed. (wikipedia)
What's in this mod ?
This mod is based on the C172SP from asobo, thanks to the to Games content usage rules.
First of all you have an ingame mod manual :
- click on the Help message on the panel, on the left to the PFD.
All options available in this mod can be set in the book on pilot's left compartment storage.
The flight model has been modified to match the Reims Rocket aptitudes :
- Engine udgrade : 210HP, up to 2800RPM or 195HP for the 2nd variant
- Prop change : constant speed
The external and internal 3D model have been modified
- A new fuselage nose design and wheel fairings matching olders C172 from that era
- Sky windows (optional)
- 3 blade prop and approriate nose cone
- New exhaust pipe
- Prop lever
- Cowl flaps, rudder trim
- All-gauge cockpit
- All the features from 172SP Skyhawk AS1000 improvement
- State saving
- Visible pilot, copilot, passengers
- Moving sun visors
- Opening doors & windows
- Removable wheels fairings (you can choose older or newer ones)
- Wheels chocks, tie downs, covers,
- Custom seat configuration
- Cargo configurations, loaded and unloaded
- checklists cards and flip box
- VFR maps
- Tablet with external applications : Currently supported
- Sky diving setup
- top opening door
- a large foot step
- empty interior
The mod includes liveries from real Reims Rocket or Hawk XP II airplanes.
Most of the liveries for Asobo C172SP should be easy to convert to this plane. You may expect modifications on the nose plane.
A specific paint kit is available : mbx-bagolu-reims-fr172-reims-rocket-paintkit-template
What's planned for the future ?
- Sound tweaking
- Synchronisation with 172SP Skyhawk AS1000 improvement
- no incompatibility with WBSims classic mod : it is not related to this plane, it's for classic variant
You may find incompatibility with mods that update default html library in MSFS. Please report them if it's the case.
- Existing Cessna Skyhawk AS1000 LIVERIES are compatible but need to be converted for this mod
- B78XH mod is reported to be cause side effects (it's true with other planes too)
- All other mod modifying base files from fs-base (to change screens, panels, etc)
A lot of the instruments were taken from Sal1800's devkit on github. Opensource resources are not a common thing on MSFS, hats off to him !
Thanks to AirMoose1, Pops738, Ann0v, xvx45 for the tests and debugs, fixes...
check also my other mods : https://flightsim.to/profile/bagolu/