• Cando Lake has been improved to with two docks and 4 new spawn points for float and amphibian planes on the water.
• The buoys at the ends of the runway are now lit up for morning and evening operations but are not meant for night operations.
• The ILS frequency for runway 19 has been changed to 108.20 MHz to avoid a conflict with Navigraph data. Recommended altitude to intercept the GS is 6800' at 8 miles out.
• Dirt strip textures have been updated to increase visibility from the air. (may appear as gravel in the evenings due to limitations of the sim SDK)
• 2 new campout strips have been added. The Overlook strip can be found to the south of the lake up on the ridge. The Valley strip is in the hills to the SE of the airport. Follow the dirt roads to find it.
• The Prawn has been scaled up and rotated to improve its visibility from a distance or in the air.
• 2 helipads have been added to the sim. (due to a limitation of the sim you will not start cold and dark from them)
• The apron logo has been repainted to reflect the most up-to-date Candonian logo.
• The STOL comp strip is now an additional 175' long and sits at 425' in total length. Each line is 5' apart.
Candonian Heights - Pilots Briefing
Welcome to the headquarters of the Candonians. The Candonian Heights airport is based in the Nevada Desert and is located just 65 miles northwest of Las Vegas making it only a short flight after spending some time at the casinos. Bring your bush machines to this Nevada desert getaway for STOL drag, landing challenges, paved and dirt strips. Feel free to enjoy your own hangar and remember to stop by the bar and grill for a bite to eat. If you happen to arrive late into the lake bed then no worries. Our main runway 01/19 sits at an elevation of 3,931' and is 5,381' long and is lit for all night operations. The dirt strip 35/17 is 1312' at the same elevation can also be used during daylight hours. We have facilities to support all small and medium GA aircraft including parking for two helicopters on the north pad. Some services include hangars, parking, fuel, and food.
Our 2000' STOL drag lanes are well lit as well for you and your friends to compete day and night. Feel free to practice your STOL skills on the marked STOL comp strip as well. Finally, feel free to explore the surrounding mountains for fun backcountry landing spots. If you find any that you like let us know and we will send a crew up there to put a windsock up for you.
Be on the lookout for the wild horses as they tend to wander.
For STOL activities and weekly backcountry/bush flying join the Candonian Discord Server https://discord.gg/fNVX2fAmsT
To get the best out of the Candonian Heights scenery you should have the following library installed to see the windsocks and flags.
You should also have the MSFS updates installed for some of the generic models used at KXCH. This includes the EGCB, EDLP, EGHC, and EGGP scenery packages from the MSFS content manager.