New description from version 1.7
Latest: From version 1.7 - adapted for simulator after Sim Update 5 - works for me, so let me know if you experience otherwise.
This package contains some modification to scenery in Bergen, Norway, close to BGO / ENBR. It is adapted to the World Update V - The Nordics (WU5) and ENBR Bergen Airport - Flesland by Woobiactual - which is highly recommended!
This package contains three parts coming in the different folders in the package. Bergen Features, Bergen Features 2 - Marinas and Bergen Features - Rockwall. Be sure to replace all three folders when updating (*). Installation is simply adding the folders (that you want) from the zip to your community folder.
A description of each package is given below, latest changes highligted. Please refer to the Changelog to see changes from version to version.
The following bridges have been replaced by brigdes included in the game (incl. Japan Update) that was of the right kind, and which resembles the actual bridge better:
- Sotrabroen - Kamnon Bridge from Japan Update that fits - simple adjustments on both sides to make it fit.
- Askøybroen - Akashi - Kaikyo Bridge from Japan Update that fits - simple adjustments on both sides to make it fit.
- Hagelsundbroen, smaller brigde northeast of ENBR close to Knarvik.
Numerous boats and ships have been put in where the standard scenery only includes "sticker" boats on the surface, in the following areas:
- Bergen Harbour
- Coast Center Base, Ågotnes, which also has an oil rig and the frigate "Helge Ingstad" in dock.
- Sture Terminal, Øygarden
- Haakonsvern Naval base shortly north of ENBR, frigates and other boats.
- Skålevik tankanlegg.
- A couple of quays for fishing boats close to ENBR.
- Cruise ships by Skoltegrunnskaien (made large - will hide AI vessel landing there when in dock.)
Masts and landmarks:
- The communications mast on top of Mount Ulriken, Ulriksmasten, southeast of the city centre. This actual has/had some neet lighting at night IRL, and and is lit up in red in this model, which I made. Actually my first model for a Flight Simulator.
- The radar "balls" on Pyttane nortwest of ENBR, own model.
- Water tank on little hill in Drotningsvik and Møller Bil, right in the approach path to RWY 17.
- Water tank at Sture gas terminal quite a bit to the north, west of ENBR
- Water tank on Bjorøy.
- Simple antenna at Rundemanen north of Mount Ulriken.
- Sotra indoor football arena in Straume idrettspark appr. one mile west-southwest of Sotrabroen, own model.
- Tall apartment buildings have been added in Fyllingsdalen, Loddefjord, Vadmyra, Fagernes/Lønborg.
- Gas station, CircleK, close to the airport replacing generic default model.
- Birkelandskiftet tram station east of airport with easily recognizable arch holding the tram line bridge.
- Inprint of semi-truck on road material in roundabout close to CircleK is replaced by road work site. At night yellow beacons will flash.
- Construction crane and building, containers and tanks on contruction site close to the airport.
- Entrance to submarine dock on Haakonsvern naval base north of runway made to resemble real structure.
- Made Fløybanen visible
- Stone wall around Bergenshus festning, buses in front.
- Flattened the fish market and removed multistory buildings from the Nordics update. Replaced them with market booths.
- Replaced models of Nykirken church and Landås church with more similar models.
Landscape modifications (not all are mentioned), all adjusted to WU5:
- All sloping sportsfields in a quite large vicinity of ENBR, some of them with both trees and small buildings, has been flattened and tidied up.
- Sloping parkinglots, industial areas and quays not on water level/sea on land problems in Haakonsvern Naval base.
- The hills of downtown Bergen have been flattened. Some hills have been added. This is semi succesful after The Nordics update)
- Mount Ulriken has been shaved for trees on the top part. Some adjustmenst to terrain here and nearby.
- Mount Fløyen, the top station, has been lifted and forest is removed so it can be spotted both from the air and from the city.
- Farm in Nipedalen flattened.
- Large number of shoreline alterations around the airport, mainly to avoid "stretched" terrain down to water level.
- Elevation adjustments to get buildings in Haukeland hospital area to pop up - after WU5.
DEPENDECIES: Japan update for MSFS2020 - bridges dependant on this update being installed.
Bergen Features 2 - Marinas
MARINAS AND BOAT CLUBS close to ENBR Bergen Flesland, in separate folder called "ts-bergenfeatures2marinas"
This package replaces your default semi-submerged "stickers" of marinas with leisure boats surrounding the airport with real 3D models of floating docks and boats. These are mainly simple low-poly models made by me, and some from the MSFS base layer.
- Haakonsvern leisure boats marinas
- Alvøen - both bays
- Hjellestad Marina
- Bergens seilforening, Hjellestad
- Boats along the shoreline between them, also some shoreline adjustmenst, and elevation of small islands.
REMEMBER: These are low detail models meant for an elevated viewpoint, spread out in large numbers without reducing FPS.
Bergen Features - Rockwall
This part/folder only contains the rockwall opposite the new terminal, with the iconic "Bergen?" sign, and neccesary adaptations.
- If you are using WombiiActuals ENBR Bergen airport Flesland, which is highly recommended, and you want to use my rockwall you need to delete this file in that airport package: wombiiactual-airport-enbr-fleslandfix\scenery\global\scenery\wENBR_options.bgl
- If you don't want to include my rockwall and sign, but keep the one included in the airport, you should NOT put the included
"ts-bergenfeaturesrockwall"-folder in your Community folder and of course not delete any parts of Wombii's airport if that's what you have.
I have tried to not reuse any other developers models, apart what comes with the simulator and updates. That's not included the ones that might be from the offical London add-on, but you will not see them unless you buy that add-on. I recommend this for full effect of the package, as a few vessels might be dependant on that add-on. If you see that I have used something you made, please let me know.
You are not free to reuse or redistribute parts or the whole of this package on other sites. It has been uploaded to flightsim.to only.
Thanks to WombiiActual for his guidance and help with my sceneries. Check out his work. It's great!
* = REMOVE PREVIOUS VERSIONS FOLDER FROM YOUR COMMUNITY FOLDER IF UPDATING DIRECTLY FROM VERSION 1.1.