Gautam Buddha Airport, also known as Bhairahawa Airport in the game, has been upgraded into an international airport which is the second airport in Nepal capable of accommodating wide-body jetliners by paving a new parallel 3km long runway and a new international apron. (Pokhara International could only accommodate large single isles like A32X and 737) The old runway will be downgraded into a taxiway.
How to use the ILS
Although a full set of ILS being installed for Runway 28, however the associated approach procedure is NOT developed as the straight-in approach path is very near the border between Kathmandu and Delhi FIR. I tried to find out how to make use of it without crossing into Indian airspace:
- Choose RNAV 28 as the instrument approach procedure by either the built-in flight planner, or input directly on FMS/MCDU
- Tune your aircraft to receive ILS signal by either frequency 109.3 or ident "IBWA"
- Just after passing the last waypoint "BW101", change to "TRK/FPA" mode, with track of 262° and glide path angle of -3° in case of flying an Airbus. (I'm not familiar with Boeing aircraft)
- Press Approach Mode and let the aircraft to catch the localizer and glideslope
(Pleast note it is FOR HOME SIMULATIONS ONLY)
- Ramp 2L and 2R are fake as the sim couldn't handle overlapped parking spaces properly
Please REMOVE the current installation before each updates, as there may be BREAKING CHANGES to file structure
See here if there is any conflict between Navigraph Navdata with 3rd party airports:
You may also have interest on my other Nepal Airport addons:
Welcome to subscribe my channels for MSFS live game-play: