SAVAGE OBSTRUCTION - BIGGER IS BETTER
It's the 1st of April 2021, and you are witness to the dawn of a new era in bush flying! Fly the latest and by far the greatest Savage, the Obstruction! Fitted with top-secret 50 inch Alaskan Humongowheels, because you asked for it! They are designed to provide the pilot with more privacy by making it harder for people to see you. We expect quite a demand due to the very nature of the bush pilot: to get away from it all. And now you truly can!! People can walk past your obnoxious aircraft and have no idea you were even inside!
Incidentally the aircraft's stationary attitude makes for a great bear defence! With the mighty Savage Obstruction you'll be safer than ever!
Fun fact: The Obstruction's outrageous wheels are 1 inch bigger than a 747's. Now that's obnoxious.
- 230HP 2.5L V6 “Ford Mustang” engine, adapted for use in a cub.
- Top-Secret 50" Alaskan Humongowheels.
- 4 Bladed 6 foot prop for out-of-this-world acceleration and climbrate.
- 90HP 10 Second War Boost (full throttle at 6200RPM)
- 2 x 27 Gallon tanks to feed the thirsty V6.
- 100% Custom lights with powerful landing light.
- Enhanced Night VFR lights inside the cockpit.
- Rearward facing landing light (“Torch” switch) for team leads so others can follow easily.
- Reinforced structure, higher MTOW.
- Comfortably cruises at 85kts, punch it to hit 100 in seconds.
- Sustained climb rate of 2000fpm.
- 500nm range at sea level at 4200RPM.
- Wider wheelbase.
- King Shock absorbers and upgraded suspension.
- Powerful disc brakes.
- Flaperons...using 25% aileron as flaps
- A 3rd monster flap (60 degrees!) so you can fly slower approaches, with higher sink rates, giving you 50ft landing bragging rights.
- Flaps move faster so you can pump them for short take offs and retract them at touchdown for maximum braking power.
- Supurb ground handling.
- Vortex Generators on wing and tail are accurately simulated, delaying stalls and enabling those slow STOL approaches.
- Windshield de-icing (use the cabinheat lever).
GOT GRAVEL DISCORD SERVER
Making You Smile
Join our ever-growing family of fun-loving aviators (approaching 2000 members):
- Slow Bush Flights
- Fast Air Races
- Hangout and chit-chat
- Epic Expeditions
- World Tours
BE A SUPPORTER
The Obstruction is free and always will be, but if you enjoy this obnoxious aircraft and feel you want to contribute towards this ongoing project it will always be appreciated.
MORE FREE BUSH PLANES!
Also check out the Savage Carbon (29" wheels, 165HP)
...and of course the mighty Savage Grravel (35" wheels, 230HP + 90HP boost, 4 bladed prop)
- First of all make sure the default MSFS Savage Cub is installed, this mod depends on it.
- Delete older versions of the Savage Obstruction mod, if any.
- Extract the ZIP file.
- Drag the folder named gotgravel-savage-obstruction directly into the Community folder.
- Restart the sim.
- You'll find Obstruction in your hangar all the way to the right near the default MSFS Savage Cub.
- If done correctly, your folder structure should look like this:
/Community /gotgravel-savage-obstruction /RTC /SimObjects /Official
How to find the Community folder?
- If you changed the default location of packages, it’s the simplest because you should find a Community sub folder in it.
- For Steam, it should be located in C:\Users\ [Computer Name]\ AppData\ Local\ Packages\ Microsoft.FlightDashboard_8wekyb3d8bbwe\ LocalCache\ Packages\ Community
- For Windows Store C:\Users\ [Computer Name]\ AppData\ Local\ Packages\ Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\ LocalCache\ Packages\ Community
Facing an issue? Head over to the Got Gravel Discord Server and check out the support-faq and support-discussion channels: https://discord.gg/4f3j4YgNm4
The Obstruction has a max continuous RPM of 5500 and a normal max RPM of 5800 (5 minutes). Now you can push the throttle further to reach an even higher RPM of 6200, delivering 90HP additional power to your engine for 10 seconds! During this brief time you will command a massive 320HP but watch your engine...your oil pressure and temperature will shoot up! Great for getting you out of a fix though, or to accelerate as fast as the fastest Lamborghini in the world, the Aventador Superveloce: with boost the Obstruction now does 0-100kph (0-54kts) in 3 seconds and 0-160kph (0-86kts) in 5 seconds…same as the Lambo.
The “Torch” is a unique rearward facing landing light, similar to what was installed on Draco. When turned on (there is a switch in the cockpit), it will be easy for others to spot you from behind. Great if you are a team lead for a group flight!
SWAP YOUR PANEL
Choose your panel! You will find 5 panels to choose from in the swap-your-panel folder.
SWAP YOUR AIRSPEED INDICATOR
Choose your ASI face to be white or black! Select them from the swap-your-asi folder.
The Obstruction has no autopilot installed (you will find none in the cockpit), but for your convenience I did tune and test the configuration for a relaxed experience. However, it is disabled by default.
To enable, follow the simple instructions below. You will also need to setup and use your own keybinds for autopilot on / off state, altitude hold and heading hold if you haven't done so yet.
- Go to your community folder
- Go to gotgravel-savage-obstruction / SimObjects / Airplanes / Asobo_Savage_Obstruction
- Open the file engines.cfg in a text editor
- Go to the last line and change the 1 to 0 (DisableAutopilotControls = 0)
- Restart sim if it was running