SAVAGE GRRAVEL - MONSTER TRUCK IN THE SKIES
The Savage Grravel is a monster truck in the skies, heavily inspired by and paying homage to Mike Patey’s Scrappy. She’s got a converted Ford Mustang 230HP 2.5L V6 engine (+90HP with NOS), a 4 bladed 6 foot Whirlwind STOL optimized prop and 35" Alaskan Bushwheels.
Grravel is an absurd beast of a STOL machine, essentially a monster truck version of the Savage Carbon. She's heavier, more powerful, and just...more extreme. She comes with 5 exclusive liveries.
MORE COOL AIRCRAFT
GOT GRAVEL DISCORD SERVER
Join a vibrant community of fun-loving aviators (5000+ members)
WHAT'S IN THE BOX
The Serious Backcountry Experience
- 230HP 2.5L V6 “Ford Mustang” engine, adapted for use in a cub.
- 35" Alaskan Bushwheels.
- 4 Bladed 6 foot prop for out-of-this-world acceleration and climbrate.
- NOS injection (about 100HP) for up to 4.5 minutes
- 2 x 27 Gallon tanks to feed the thirsty V6.
- 100% Custom lights with powerful landing light.
- Enhanced Night VFR lights inside the cockpit.
- Rearward facing landing light (“Toggle Recognition Light” keybind) for team leads so others follow easily.
- Reinforced structure, higher MTOW.
- Comfortably cruises at 125kts, punch it to hit 150 in seconds.
- Sustained climb rate of 4000fpm.
- Execute the Knife Edge aerobatic move.
- 800nm range at sea level at 4200RPM.
- Wider wheelbase.
- King Shock absorbers and upgraded suspension.
- Powerful disc brakes.
- A 3rd monster flap (60 degrees!) so you can fly slower approaches, with higher sink rates, giving you 50ft landing bragging rights.
- Superb ground handling.
- Vortex Generators on wing and tail are accurately simulated, delaying stalls and enabling those slow STOL approaches.
- Windshield de-icing (use the cabinheat lever).
- Modern Prop Physics and Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD)
BE A SUPPORTER
Grravel is free and always will be, but if you enjoy this beast and feel you want to contribute towards this ongoing project it will always be appreciated.
- First of all make sure the default MSFS Savage Cub is installed, this mod depends on it.
- Delete older versions of the Savage Grravel mod, if any.
- Extract the ZIP file.
- Drag the folder named gotgravel-savage-grravel directly into the Community folder.
- Restart the sim.
- You'll find Grravel in your hangar all the way to the right near the default MSFS Savage Cub.
If done correctly, your folder structure should look like this:
/Community /gotgravel-savage-grravel /RTC /SimObjects /Official
How to find the Community folder?
- If you changed the default location of packages, it’s the simplest because you should find a Community sub folder in it.
- For Steam, it should be located in C:\Users\ [Computer Name]\ AppData\ Local\ Packages\ Microsoft.FlightDashboard_8wekyb3d8bbwe\ LocalCache\ Packages\ Community
- For Windows Store C:\Users\ [Computer Name]\ AppData\ Local\ Packages\ Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\ LocalCache\ Packages\ Community
I have multiple threads on various flight sim forums and websites (including this one) and it is not possible for me to respond to queries on all of them.
Support is therefor exclusively provided from the Got Gravel Discord Server (https://discord.gg/4f3j4YgNm4) through the "Got Support" channel inside the "Got Friends" category.
Need even more power? Grravel now comes with NOS equipped giving you up to 4.5 minutes of additional 90HP. Use the new NOS gauge to see how much supply you have left (1200psi is full, 800psi is empty). To engage either toggle the NOS switch in the cockpit or use the MSFS “War Emergency Power” keybind (recommended) for instant gratification.
The “Torch” is a unique rearward facing landing light, similar to what was installed on Draco. When turned on (use the “Toggle Recognition Light” keybind), it will be easy for others to spot you from behind. Great if you are a team lead for a group flight!
SWAP YOUR PANEL
Choose your panel! You will find 5 panels to choose from in the swap-your-panel folder.
SWAP YOUR AIRSPEED INDICATOR
Choose your ASI face to be white or black! Select them from the swap-your-asi folder.
Grravel has no autopilot installed (you will find none in the cockpit), but for your convenience I did tune and test the configuration for a relaxed experience. However, it is disabled by default.
To enable, follow the simple instructions below. You will also need to setup and use your own keybinds for autopilot on / off state, altitude hold and heading hold if you haven't done so yet.
- Go to your community folder
- Go to gotgravel-savage-grravel / SimObjects / Airplanes / Asobo_Savage_Grravel
- Open the file engines.cfg in a text editor
- Go to the last line and change the 1 to 0 (DisableAutopilotControls = 0)
- Restart sim if it was running
- The Savage Grravel is an ongoing project by Got Gravel.
- Flight testing by experienced real-life pilots avaricooper and roketJsquerl.
Share your thoughts
If you’ve used this add-on, share your thoughts with other pilots.Write a review
The Savage Grravel is now available on the Freeware section of https://www.got-friends.com/
Great bush plane! Most epic and fun cub in the sim. Fantastic in VR.
My only wish is that the NOS switch was bound to something unused like Taxi Light so I can use it with a hardware switch on my yoke.
can you swap the engine to the 5.0 mustang engine? v8 muscle would be better for a monster truck 😊
Thanks for the update!
GotGravel 3 month(s) ago
Pleasure as always 😊
Updated to v2.1.0:
- Updated flight model with improved CFD
- Refined control surface reactivity
- Much improved ground handling
Check out www.got-friends.com for more cool aircraft.
Nice plane with decent power.
With the NOS injection it will be really great.
It's great fun to fly that thing
and the mod gives the whole thing the final touch.
What an absolute hoot to fly. Pure joy!
Altitude in the autopilot dont work...
Any chance of make an efb/tablet for this superb aircraft?
Great job thx !!!
I didn't really like this aircraft when I first got it, but that might be related to the fact that I absolutely sucked at landing taildraggers! 😁
Now I have come to appreciate this as one of the best and most fun airplanes available in MSFS. It is beautifully rendered and realized, with perfect attributes & features when, if like me you are time-poor, you just want to get in a plane and go for a fly! Awesome!
vlam94 4 month(s) ago
I've experienced the same thing
The Savage Grravel has been updated!
- Full CFD (Computational Fluid Dynamics) for an immersive flight experience
- Retuned and refined flight model
- Control stick ground roll and engine vibrations
- Gauge needle vibrations
- Overhauled cockpit lighting with individual gauge lights, pedal spots and flap lever spot
- Overhauled electrical system using actual battery and generator data
- Improved suspension (30% static compression)
- Custom thermo dynamics for Oil and CHT
- Tailored AoA lift wing profile, made for STOL
It's simply.... SAVAGE
My favorite planes. In a 3-axis, triple monitor motion cockpit they feel/respond more realistically than most other planes. One question, in engine off emergency landing, the glide characteristics of the Savage Gravel seem more like a brick than what I was expecting from an aircraft with this wing configuration. Is this accurate?
GotGravel 3 month(s) ago
That'll be pretty much correct, the aircraft is very light plus has high drag.
I liked the Savage of the game
And now I love this one ! so funny ! Great !
Autopilot does NOT work on the plane, and is shows Autopilot=1 in the config CFG
I love all your products but my favourites are the VERTIGO and the NX Monster Cub with a Lycoming 313i.
Would it be a possibility to add Garmin avionics in your tail wheel bush planes as well? I am not fond of tail wheels, but I do want to try your products inspired by Mike Patey's innovations.
It would be quite helpful to have in-plane Garmin avionics for long bush flights instead of using the ugly map navigation windows covering a lot of screen real estate in MSFS.
Please do consider.
And THANKS A MILLION for all your generosity, kindness and time.
Just wanted to say that I'm having so much fun with this! I downloaded it a while ago but it's mostly been sitting idle in my hanger. Most of my flying lately have been airliners. But today I've spent hours in it - and it's a beast! Thanks for this mod!
It is still version 1.8.0 in manifest.json
GotGravel 4 month(s) ago
Updated, and fixed the version in manifest too (now 2.0.1)
- Added CFD (Computational Fluid Dynamics)
- Increased induced drag a little
- Reduced wheel brakes a little