SAVAGE GRRAVEL - MONSTER TRUCK IN THE SKIESThe Savage Grravel is a monster truck in the skies, heavily inspired by and paying homage to Mike Patey's Scrappy. She's got a converted Ford Mustang 230HP 2.5L V6 engine, a 4 bladed 6 foot Whirlwind STOL optimized prop and 35" Alaskan Bushwheels. And now she also has a 10 second additional 90HP War Boost delivering astonishing acceleration and climb rates just when you want it most.
Grravel is an absurd beast of a STOL machine, essentially a monster truck version of the Savage Carbon. She's heavier, more powerful, and just...more extreme. She comes with 5 exclusive liveries.
- 230HP 2.5L V6 “Ford Mustang” engine, adapted for use in a cub.
- 35" Alaskan Bushwheels.
- 4 Bladed 6 foot prop for out-of-this-world acceleration and climbrate.
- 90HP 10 Second War Boost (full throttle at 6200RPM)
- 2 x 27 Gallon tanks to feed the thirsty V6.
- 100% Custom lights with powerful landing light.
- Enhanced Night VFR lights inside the cockpit.
- Rearward facing landing light (“Torch” switch) for team leads so others can follow easily.
- Reinforced structure, higher MTOW.
- Comfortably cruises at 120kts, punch it to hit 135 in seconds.
- Sustained climb rate of 3200fpm.
- 800nm range at sea level at 4200RPM.
- Wider wheelbase.
- King Shock absorbers and upgraded suspension.
- Powerful disc brakes.
- A 3rd monster flap (60 degrees!) so you can fly slower approaches, with higher sink rates, giving you 50ft landing bragging rights.
- Flaps move faster so you can pump them for short take offs and retract them at touchdown for maximum braking power.
- Supurb ground handling
- Vortex Generators on wing and tail are accurately simulated, delaying stalls and enabling those slow STOL approaches.
GOT GRAVEL DISCORD SERVER
The Place for Bush Pilots!
Join our ever-growing family of backcountry aviators:
- Hangout and chit-chat
- Fly Events
- Partake in Expeditions
- Join STOL Competitions
- Find a wingman
- Technical Support
- Livery Design
EXPEDITION ALASKA 2021
Embark on the adventure of a lifetime that will see you and like-minded pilots journey from the north of the United States through British Colombia and on to the wilderness of Alaska. During this epic journey we will encounter some of the most amazing scenery our planet has to offer.
This event covers over 5,500 statute miles and will take about 6 months to complete.
The Expedition has started on Saturday January 16. Head over to the Got Gravel Discord Server for additional details and registration.
There will be four flight groups:
- Group Bald Eagle: Saturday @ 1300z
- Group Golden Eagle: Saturday @ 1600z
- Group Hawk: Sunday @ 0200z
- Group Osprey: Wednesday @ 0400z
BE A SUPPORTERGrravel is free and always will be, but if you enjoy this beast and feel you want to contribute towards this ongoing project it will always be appreciated.
- First of all make sure the default MSFS Savage Cub is installed, this mod depends on it.
- Delete older versions of the Savage Grravel mod, if any.
- Extract the ZIP file.
- Drag the folder named gotgravel-savage-grravel directly into the Community folder.
- Restart the sim.
- You'll find Grravel in your hangar all the way to the right near the default MSFS Savage Cub.
/Community /gotgravel-savage-grravel /RTC /SimObjects /Official
How to find the Community folder?
- If you changed the default location of packages, it’s the simplest because you should find a Community sub folder in it.
- For Steam, it should be located in C:\Users\ [Computer Name]\ AppData\ Local\ Packages\ Microsoft.FlightDashboard_8wekyb3d8bbwe\ LocalCache\ Packages\ Community
- For Windows Store C:\Users\ [Computer Name]\ AppData\ Local\ Packages\ Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\ LocalCache\ Packages\ Community
Facing an issue? Head over to the Got Gravel Discord Server and check out the support-faq and support-discussion channels: https://discord.gg/4f3j4YgNm4
Check out this interview with Macflyer and Chris in "The Boarding Area". If you got some time just play this podcast in the background, I think you'll find it interesting.
We're discussing the history of the Savage Carbon and Grravel, their future, the realism, how they came to be, MSFS and bushing, and in general everything else that's related to all of this including Expedition Alaska of course!
Enjoy the cast, and give these guys an encouraging YT Like, I think they're doing a fantastic job for the simming world at large!
Grravel has a max continuous RPM of 5500 and a normal max RPM of 5800 (5 minutes). Now you can push the throttle further to reach an even higher RPM of 6200, delivering 90HP additional power to your engine for 10 seconds! During this brief time you will command a massive 320HP but watch your engine...your oil pressure and temperature will shoot up! Great for getting you out of a fix though, or to accelerate as fast as the fastest Lamborghini in the world, the Aventador Superveloce: with boost Grravel now does 0-100kph (0-54kts) in 3 seconds and 0-160kph (0-86kts) in 5 seconds…same as the Lambo.
The “Torch” is a unique rearward facing landing light, similar to what was installed on Draco. When turned on (there is a switch in the cockpit), it will be easy for others to spot you from behind. Great if you are a team lead for a group flight!
SWAP YOUR PANEL
Choose your panel! You will find 5 panels to choose from in the swap-your-panel folder.
SWAP YOUR AIRSPEED INDICATOR
Choose your ASI face to be white or black! Select them from the swap-your-asi folder.
Grravel has no autopilot installed (you will find none in the cockpit), but for your convenience I did tune and test the configuration for a relaxed experience. However, it is disabled by default.
To enable, follow the simple instructions below. You will also need to setup and use your own keybinds for autopilot on / off state, altitude hold and heading hold if you haven't done so yet.
- Go to your community folder
- Go to gotgravel-savage-grravel / SimObjects / Airplanes / Asobo_Savage_Grravel
- Open the file engines.cfg in a text editor
- Go to the last line and change the 1 to 0 (DisableAutopilotControls = 0)
- Restart sim if it was running
- The Savage Grravel is an ongoing project by Got Gravel.
- Flight testing by experienced real-life pilots avaricooper and roketJsquerl.