SAVAGE GRRAVEL - MONSTER TRUCK IN THE SKIES
The Savage Grravel is a monster truck in the skies, heavily inspired by and paying homage to Mike Patey's Scrappy. She's got a converted Ford Mustang 230HP 2.5L V6 engine, a 4 bladed 6 foot Whirlwind STOL optimized prop and 35" Alaskan Bushwheels. And now she also has a 10 second additional 90HP War Boost delivering astonishing acceleration and climb rates just when you want it most.
Grravel is an absurd beast of a STOL machine, essentially a monster truck version of the Savage Carbon. She's heavier, more powerful, and just...more extreme. She comes with 5 exclusive liveries.
- 230HP 2.5L V6 “Ford Mustang” engine, adapted for use in a cub.
- 35" Alaskan Bushwheels.
- 4 Bladed 6 foot prop for out-of-this-world acceleration and climbrate.
- 90HP 10 Second War Boost (full throttle at 6200RPM)
- 2 x 27 Gallon tanks to feed the thirsty V6.
- 100% Custom lights with powerful landing light.
- Enhanced Night VFR lights inside the cockpit.
- Rearward facing landing light (“Torch” switch) for team leads so others can follow easily.
- Reinforced structure, higher MTOW.
- Comfortably cruises at 120kts, punch it to hit 135 in seconds.
- Sustained climb rate of 3200fpm.
- Execute the Knife Edge aerobatic move.
- 800nm range at sea level at 4200RPM.
- Wider wheelbase.
- King Shock absorbers and upgraded suspension.
- Powerful disc brakes.
- Flaperons...using 25% aileron as flaps
- A 3rd monster flap (60 degrees!) so you can fly slower approaches, with higher sink rates, giving you 50ft landing bragging rights.
- Superb ground handling.
- Vortex Generators on wing and tail are accurately simulated, delaying stalls and enabling those slow STOL approaches.
- Windshield de-icing (use the cabinheat lever).
GOT GRAVEL DISCORD SERVER
Join our vibrant community of fun-loving aviators (2000 members):
- Bush Flying
- Air Races
- Formation Flying
- Flight Plans
BE A SUPPORTER
Grravel is free and always will be, but if you enjoy this beast and feel you want to contribute towards this ongoing project it will always be appreciated.
- First of all make sure the default MSFS Savage Cub is installed, this mod depends on it.
- Delete older versions of the Savage Grravel mod, if any.
- Extract the ZIP file.
- Drag the folder named gotgravel-savage-grravel directly into the Community folder.
- Restart the sim.
- You'll find Grravel in your hangar all the way to the right near the default MSFS Savage Cub.
If done correctly, your folder structure should look like this:
/Community /gotgravel-savage-grravel /RTC /SimObjects /Official
How to find the Community folder?
- If you changed the default location of packages, it’s the simplest because you should find a Community sub folder in it.
- For Steam, it should be located in C:\Users\ [Computer Name]\ AppData\ Local\ Packages\ Microsoft.FlightDashboard_8wekyb3d8bbwe\ LocalCache\ Packages\ Community
- For Windows Store C:\Users\ [Computer Name]\ AppData\ Local\ Packages\ Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\ LocalCache\ Packages\ Community
I have multiple threads on various flight sim forums and websites (including this one) and it is not possible for me to respond to queries on all of them.
Support is therefor exclusively provided from the Got Gravel Discord Server (https://discord.gg/4f3j4YgNm4) through the "FAQ" and "Support" channels inside the "Information" category.
The FAQ especially is a treasure cove of information covering about 95% of all questions I have seen to date.
Grravel has a max continuous RPM of 5500 and a normal max RPM of 5800 (5 minutes). Now you can push the throttle further to reach an even higher RPM of 6200, delivering 90HP additional power to your engine for 10 seconds! During this brief time you will command a massive 320HP but watch your engine...your oil pressure and temperature will shoot up! Great for getting you out of a fix though, or to accelerate as fast as the fastest Lamborghini in the world, the Aventador Superveloce: with boost Grravel now does 0-100kph (0-54kts) in 3 seconds and 0-160kph (0-86kts) in 5 seconds…same as the Lambo.
The “Torch” is a unique rearward facing landing light, similar to what was installed on Draco. When turned on (there is a switch in the cockpit), it will be easy for others to spot you from behind. Great if you are a team lead for a group flight!
SWAP YOUR PANEL
Choose your panel! You will find 5 panels to choose from in the swap-your-panel folder.
SWAP YOUR AIRSPEED INDICATOR
Choose your ASI face to be white or black! Select them from the swap-your-asi folder.
Grravel has no autopilot installed (you will find none in the cockpit), but for your convenience I did tune and test the configuration for a relaxed experience. However, it is disabled by default.
To enable, follow the simple instructions below. You will also need to setup and use your own keybinds for autopilot on / off state, altitude hold and heading hold if you haven't done so yet.
- Go to your community folder
- Go to gotgravel-savage-grravel / SimObjects / Airplanes / Asobo_Savage_Grravel
- Open the file engines.cfg in a text editor
- Go to the last line and change the 1 to 0 (DisableAutopilotControls = 0)
- Restart sim if it was running
- The Savage Grravel is an ongoing project by Got Gravel.
- Flight testing by experienced real-life pilots avaricooper and roketJsquerl.