About this file
Check out the Demo Video of the scenery and night lighting in action. Second half shows the late night in full color.
If you like this scenery, take a look at my new release:
CNC3 Brampton - Caledon Airport PRO 1.0 is now available at https://flightsimulation.romandesign.ca
This pack features enhanced scenery for Niagara Falls area (Canada/USA) with animated color-changing night illumination of the falls, to compliment default photogrammetry and autogen areas and default terrain fixes for maximum VFR flight enjoyment. Default Niagara Falls have photogrammetry but the actual falls are totally broken. They are beyond ugly, they are simply unbearable. Unfortunately the terrain editor is very buggy, so it's not possible to completely fix them. However using a combination of terrain terraforming polygons and imported photogrammetry I made them as good as I can, considering the broken state of the SDK. Please note: don't expect a perfect result, because it's not. But I think this pack looks much better than default, and cyclic random color illumination of the falls at night looks really nice. The power generation dams are out of default photogrammetry area and were completely flat. I added them, and also replaced several fugly opaque bridges with proper transparent models.
- 3 LOD levels, minimizing FPS impact
- Photogrammetry is heavily edited and texture color, contrast and brightness is carefully corrected to match surrounding autogen scenery
- Custom night Niagara Falls lighting, multiple color-changing lights, Seneca Casino and Skylon tower beacons and colored facade illumination
DONATIONS / SUPPORT
Donations toward my new hand-made and 3D modelled Brampton Caledon Airport scenery project and other upcoming projects are welcome! You can support it via "Donate using PayPal" or "Buy Me a Coffee" buttons.
If you want to support my other creative project, check out Progress Report - my sci-fi technothriller novel which you can read and download for free.
- Horseshoe Falls - Canadian side
- Niagara Falls - USA side
- Rainbow Bridge
- Whirlpool Rapids Bridge
- Whirlpool Rapids Railroad Bridge
- New York Power Authority dam and power station
- Sir Adam Beck No. 2 Generating Station (Ontario Generation)
- Lewiston-Queenston Bridge
- Skylon tower top beacon and red night illumination
- Seneca Casino (US) facade cycling color night illumination
- Due to buggy MSFS terrain editor the falls are not perfectly align and match water texture and color at the top, if looked at closely. Nothing I can do about it, I spent a lot of time to make it look as good as possible. Some river surface and level changes can flicker and display artifacts which disappear or change as you get closer. That's all on MSFS terrain editor - nothing to do with my scenery. It's just buggy when levels change rapidly.
- Due to a known bug either in MSFS or Blender2MSFS exporter, custom lights ignore the "day/night cycle" setting. It's enabled on all my custom lights, but light are on at all times. They are not very noticeable during the day, so not a big deal, but there is no way right now to make them turn off at night.
- Because original bridges are removed, cars now drive on the bottom of the river instead of the new bridge. There is no way right know, as far as I know, to fix that. When SDK matures, there may be a way to let MSFS where to drive. It happens on all aftermarket bridges, as far as I know.
Unzip into Community folder. After installation your Community folder should have a new subfolder: /niagara/.
This free creation contains content from Google Maps or Google Earth. In accordance with Google Terms of Services and especially point 2.2 of Google Maps/Google Earth Additional Terms of Service, this creation is based on « fair use » or « fair dealing » of the data provided by google throught its services. No commercial use or any gain is or will ever be made by the author of this creation, who doesn’t own anything regarding google assets but a simple user Licence. According to the following document https://www.google.com/intl/en-GB/permissions/geoguidelines/, the author is freely sharing a creative application of Google Maps or Google Earth. The author will not recieve any form of retribution for sharing his work. If this content would be found somewhere where it is provided in exchange of money or any kind of retribution, I would not be with the consent of the author.
As Google stated it cannot answer to any direct demand about a particular creative use of its properties, like stated in the « written permission » paragraph of the same document, to verify if its complying with its Term of Services, and as it is economically unreasonable for the casual creator of this content to ask for a costly legal analysis of its creation like proposed in the « Fair use » paragraph of the document, the author of this creation will stop sharing it freely and destroy any trace of it at first demand from Google, in accordance with the paragraph « Taking action in case of problems » of the Google Terms of Service about « advance notice » provided « when reasonably possible ».