Version 2.0 - updated to conform to new and stricted MSFS scenery requirements to avoid potential CTD issue.
Check out the Demo Video of the scenery and night lighting in action. Second half shows the late night in full color.
If you like this scenery, take a look at my custom airports:
CYKZ Toronto Buttonville Municipal Airport
CNC3 Brampton - Caledon Airport
Available at https://flightsimulation.romandesign.ca
This pack features enhanced scenery for Niagara Falls area (Canada/USA) with animated color-changing night illumination of the falls, to compliment default photogrammetry and autogen areas and default terrain fixes for maximum VFR flight enjoyment. I think this pack looks much better than default, and cyclic random color illumination of the falls at night looks really nice. The power generation dams are out of default photogrammetry area and were completely flat. I added them, and also replaced several fugly opaque bridges with proper transparent models.
- 3 LOD levels, minimizing FPS impact
- Photogrammetry is heavily edited and texture color, contrast and brightness is carefully corrected to match surrounding autogen scenery
- Custom night Niagara Falls lighting, multiple color-changing lights, Seneca Casino and Skylon tower beacons and colored facade illumination
DONATIONS / SUPPORT
Donations toward my new hand-made and 3D modelled Brampton Caledon Airport scenery project and other upcoming projects are welcome! You can support it via "Donate using PayPal" or "Buy Me a Coffee" buttons.
If you want to support my other creative project, check out Progress Report - my sci-fi technothriller novel which you can read and download for free.
- Horseshoe Falls – Canadian side night illumination
- Niagara Falls – USA side night illumination
- Whirlpool Rapids Bridge
- Whirlpool Rapids Railroad Bridge
- New York Power Authority dam and power station
- Sir Adam Beck No. 2 Generating Station (Ontario Generation)
- Lewiston-Queenston Bridge
- Peace Bridge
- Skylon tower top beacon and red night illumination
- Seneca Casino (US) facade cycling color night illumination
- Because original bridges are removed, cars now drive on the bottom of the river instead of the new bridge. There is no way right know, as far as I know, to fix that. When SDK matures, there may be a way to let MSFS where to drive. It happens on all aftermarket bridges, as far as I know.
Unzip into Community folder. After installation your Community folder should have a new subfolder: /romandesign-sightseeing-niagara/. Remove previous version if installed.
This free creation contains content from Google Maps or Google Earth. In accordance with Google Terms of Services and especially point 2.2 of Google Maps/Google Earth Additional Terms of Service, this creation is based on « fair use » or « fair dealing » of the data provided by google throught its services. No commercial use or any gain is or will ever be made by the author of this creation, who doesn’t own anything regarding google assets but a simple user Licence. According to the following document https://www.google.com/intl/en-GB/permissions/geoguidelines/, the author is freely sharing a creative application of Google Maps or Google Earth. The author will not recieve any form of retribution for sharing his work. If this content would be found somewhere where it is provided in exchange of money or any kind of retribution, I would not be with the consent of the author.
As Google stated it cannot answer to any direct demand about a particular creative use of its properties, like stated in the « written permission » paragraph of the same document, to verify if its complying with its Term of Services, and as it is economically unreasonable for the casual creator of this content to ask for a costly legal analysis of its creation like proposed in the « Fair use » paragraph of the document, the author of this creation will stop sharing it freely and destroy any trace of it at first demand from Google, in accordance with the paragraph « Taking action in case of problems » of the Google Terms of Service about « advance notice » provided « when reasonably possible ».