Lelystad Tower v0.9.3
This is a model of the new ATC Tower at Lelystad Airport in the Netherlands. The new tower was built and completed recently in anticipation of an expansion of flights at Lelystad. Since the tower is rather iconic and it's missing from the default scenery, I decided to create it for flight simulator.
I am working on the entire airport, with a variety of buildings, surfaces, and textures, but I felt my tower model was complete enough to be released for those interested. I should note that the texturing is NOT completed and I am aware that this version is missing a few textures. I will update the model when necessary to make it more complete.
InstallationCopy the entire folder "airport-ehlx-ehletower" to your Microsoft Flight Simulator Community-folder ("C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\Packages\Community").
Startup Flight Simulator, load a situation at Lelystad Airport (ICAO: EHLE) and enjoy.
- As mentioned above, this is a pre-release unfinished model. The basics are in place, but it needs work still. I do appreciate feedback, but please keep this in mind when critiquing.
- The filename airport-ehlx-... is a result of needing to input an ICAO code for the project system. EHLX is obviously not Lelystad's ICAO code.
- The rest of the airport is being worked on, this package is solely the tower model as it currently stands.
- There is no night lighting yet. It will be added eventually.
- Various textures have been updated
- Glass canopy has been updated
- Window/doorframes added (basic textures and not aligned yet)
- Emissive for beacon and spotlights added