Firstly, a big thank you to all those who have supported and contributed to my previous airport mods. Its great to know you are enjoying my hard work.
London Southend Airport, UK
I started this project to make a completely accurate payware quality version of this airport. Unfortunately I realise I don't have the 100's of hours needed to complete it, and also Pilot Plus have released their payware version of this airport.
The good news is that apart from some missing custom models of the hangars, I have completed all functioning parts of the airport, and most of the cosmetic parts.
I hope you enjoy it!
London Southend Airport (ICAO: EGMC) is an international airport situated on the outskirts of Southend-on-Sea in Essex, England, approximately 36 miles from the centre of London. The airport straddles the boundaries between the borough of Southend-on-Sea and the Rochford District.
Southend was London's third-busiest airport from the 1960s until the end of the 1970s, when it was overtaken in passenger numbers by London Stansted Airport. Following its purchase by Stobart Group in 2008, a development programme provided a new terminal and control tower and extended runway.
- Fixed terraforming issue on main apron and some taxiways
- Completely overhauled airport from scratch
- Runway, taxiways, parking all matching official airport charts.
- Completely custom paint markings (inc. black edged taxi line).
- Custom terminal model
- Custom staff building
- Custom Holiday Inn
- Custom Train Station
- Custom Vulcan Bomber model
- Custom parking signs
- Accurate PAPI
- Night lighting - taxiway lighting to match charts
- Ashphalt/Concrete textures to match real-life surface variations of aprons and runway.
- Lots of other details
Extract the "gobby-egmc-southend" folder to your /Community/ folder.
If you enjoy this airport, why not buy me a beer? :) All donations (no matter how small) are hugely appreciated!