Coventry Airport for MSFS by MT Scenery Design is the most detailed scenery depiction of Coventry Airport (EGBE) to have ever been available for any simulator. Starting off as a lockdown project in November 2020, with the intention of placing down the main airport buildings to improve the overall look of the airfield, the project has completely transformed the airport and it’s surrounding area.
This project stemmed from an in-development project that ceased for FSX back in 2015/16. Drew, the amazing collaborator for this project had been working on an airport scenery package for Coventry, which had never made it past the modelling stage. With the introduction of the new MSFS, and the great capabilities that came with its SDK, we have worked hard to put out this great scenery package for you all to enjoy. Countless hours have been spent in front of my computer screen since late 2020 perfecting this to be as realistic as possible!
- Completely accurate representation of airport and surroundings.
- Highly detailed and accurately modelled buildings and objects.
- Custom ground markings.
- Photoreal textures for signage/objects.
Copy the contents of the .zip file to your MSFS/Community Folder.
Since 2017, Coventry Airport has experienced great change in its layout of buildings surrounding the airport, as a result, the scenery is modelled on what the airfield looked like circa 2018. In future, there will be 3 different offerings
- Circa 2018 (Current Build): This has all the airport’s buildings in place, but does not include the South Apron and terminal, which was demolished mid-2017.
- Circa 2015 (Future Build): This layout will include the South Apron and Terminal. The ground layout and markings are complete, but more reference imagery needs to be found to model the terminal before I consider this to be in a releasable state.
- Circa 2022 (Future Build): Once Bing Maps receives an update for the underlying satellite imagery of the airport site, I will include the new bypass road, which consequently removes a few buildings. This will represent the airport in its most current real-life state.
Assets used with permissions from Authors:
Drew Smith – Airport Buildings, originally in production for FSX
CalClassic – Vintage Static Aircraft
Rick Piper of CBFS Forums – Vintage Static Aircraft
Gary from UK2000 – Static Avro Vulcan
If anyone enjoys the scenery enough to contribute a small donation, my PayPal profile is linked below. To ease the modelling of certain aspects of the project, it has been necessary to purchase certain assets, which I have paid for myself.
This scenery is not complete, and will be updated once major bugs/features are added, due to the large file size I will not be updating every day or so, more like every few weeks, or more urgently should a major bug come up.
Please get in touch with me via Flightsim.to or a comment on the file if you have any issues with the scenery and I will do my best to help with any bugs you may have.