Scenery of Rotterdam
The release of my biggest city-project to date: A nice high quality rendition of the city of Rotterdam. A very large area to explore: From Central Station in the north to Zuidplein in the south of Rotterdam, including all famous buildings! Color corrected and extremely well blended in the surrounding default scenery. including real/default water for maximum realism. Made hundreds of manual adjustments. Night lighting for unique 3D buildings will follow in a upcoming update. I tried to find a good balance in performance vs visuals so that's why the focus is on the inner part of the city. Happy VFR flying!
- Due to the size of the city there could be a performance impact on low-end PC's.
This scenery has been extracted from Google Maps, hence all 3D credits goes to Google.
This scenery has been generated with the help of the Google Earth Decoder tool.
- Fixed flashing 'Rhijnspoorkade/Maasboulevard'
- Fixed a mesh-water error in front of the (old) Unilever building.
- Fixed some strange looking quays- Improved the 'Nieuwe Maas' river.
This update is mainly focused on the optimization of the scenery, a number of bug fixes and the first night lighting parts. The number of texture files has been reduced significantly. From over 15.000 texture files to just 4.500 merged and optimized files! Resulting in less CPU load and shorter loading times.
- Now supports World Update 4.
- Removed the double Erasmusbridge from the scenery.
- Merged the new MSFS Erasmusbridge (POI) with the Rotterdam scenery.
- Repaired some roofs.
- Fixed some small bugs.
1. Remove existing Rotterdam inner-city/object addons or older versions of this scenery.
2. Drag and drop the folder 'rotterdam' to your MSFS Community folder.