Popham, UK - hand-crafted airport
Another airport crafted from scratch. It mostly uses stock objects but I have created a custom model for the green hangars.
I hope you enjoy it!
Popham Airfield (ICAO: EGHP) is an unlicensed airfield located 6 NM (11 km; 6.9 mi) south west of Basingstoke in Hampshire, UK. It lies alongside the A303 road.
The airfield has two grass runways, designated 08/26 and 03/21. Light aircraft maintenance facilities, aircraft hire and flight training on microlight and light aircraft is available from AirBourne Aviation Ltd.
Popham Airfield runs many different events over the year, including the Microlight trade fair in May, the annual Motorcycle Mega Meet & Vintage Aircraft Fly-in in August and the New Year's Day Fly-in.
- Completely overhauled airport from scratch
- Added taxiways as close to aerial footage as possible
- Runway terraforming to match the hill in real-life (I've never been there so I've made a best effort based on photos)
- Custom model for green hangars
- Lots of other hand placed stock scenery buildings and objects.
- Ground ATC
- Removed 8 storey high autogen building on 26 approach
- Replaced petrol station and local yard with stock buildings and containers
Extract the "gobby-popham" folder to your /Community/ folder.
- The water tower at the end of runway 26 isn't very close to real-life, but its the closest i could find in the stock object library.
- I have not included all the colour variations of the green hangars.