Blackbushe, UK - hand-crafted airport
I have recrafted this airport from scratch and tried to match the real-world features as closely as possible. It mostly uses stock objects but I have also created a custom model for the five green hangars
The default airport in MSFS is SO bad (airport parking in the BCA auction site) I just had to fix it.
I hope you enjoy it!
Blackbushe Airport (ICAO: EGLK) is an operational general aviation airport in the civil parish of Yateley in the north-east corner of the English county of Hampshire. Built during the Second World War, Blackbushe is north of the A30 road between Camberley and Hook. It for a time straddled this road with traffic having to wait whilst airliners were towed across. The southside was used for aircraft maintenance, utilising wartime-built hangars. Today, only the part of the airfield section that lay north of the A30 remains in active use.
Blackbushe Aerodrome has a CAA Ordinary Licence (Number P693) that allows flights for the public transport of passengers or for flying instruction as authorised by the licensee (Blackbushe Airport Limited). The aerodrome is licensed for night use.
- Completely overhauled airport from scratch
- Runways and taxiways base on airport charts.
- Custom runway, apron, taxiway and car park paint markings
- Taxiway signs
- Custom model for green hangars
- Over 200 other hand placed stock scenery objects (inc. lots of cars for the BCA Auction site)
- Added ground ATC
- Night lighting (may not be completely true to life)
Extract the "gobby-eglk-blackbushe" folder to your /Community/ folder.
· I have intentionally left the inactive runways with default aerial imagery and not designated them as runways. The runways are in such bad condition they are not used in real-life.