A small but growing collection of small GA airfields in Switzerland to improve on the very limited fidelity of the fields included in MSFS2020. The fields are all in one package (with separate BGLs for each airfield) to reduce community folder clutter and dependency issues for common assets.
The primary focus is on function and accuracy, and we’re just starting to get into custom objects eye candy.
Release 0.16 brings some upgrades to existing airfields and WU6 compatibility.
All but LSZK and LSPG (these need some more extensive rework) have been made compatible with WU6:
- New patches for artefacts on the ortho photos (LSZI got an alternative aerial picture over the whole field)
- Heightmaps and some corrective terraforming to make the airfields conform to the lovely SwissAlti3D Mesh. This is really not a pretty solution - but unfortunately for several reasons we still have to do this.
Some other upgrades:
- Custom runway lighting for LSGE, LSGC and LSGY. Every single light has been separately put in the correct place (we hope).
- Slight improvements in ground markings (with custom painted lines) for LSZI and LSPH
- Active runway indicator panel for LSZF
List of airfields
LSPG Kägiswil (not yet WU6 compatible)
LSZK Speck (not yet WU6 compatible)
LSGC Les Eplatures
LSZF Birrfeld (*)
LSZE Bad Ragaz
LSZN Hausen am Albis
If you feel like improving your home base to a higher level or you have even already started doing some work - why not consider joining us and experience the power (and fun) of team work. Even if you're not into development work: Having a local contact to provide information, measurements or photos would be valuable.
Warning: This scenery add-on contains a configuration that inhibits fuel trucks and follow me cars from spawning for small GA parking spots. Unfortunately there seems to be no way to restrict this configuration to specific airports, it applies globally - which may or may not be something you want anyway.
Installation: Just unpack the zip in the community folder.
If you have other (more detailed) scenery packages of some of the airfields there are two things you can do to make it work:
- Make sure this folder is alphabetically before the other scenery in the community folder. If the other scenery is done properly it should override the respective airfield in this scenery.
- If the above solution doesn't work, delete the respective bgl file out of the scenery folder of this package.