If you love flying over Japan and would like CRJ 700 by to look the part, this livery is for you. JA13RJ is a real aircraft belonging to IBEX Airlines, a subsidiary of All Nippon Airways and the only CRJ operator in the country.
This livery works exclusively for Aerosoft's CRJ 7000 for Microsoft Flight Simulator.
While Aerosoft has now made its official version of the livery, it was still limited by the relatively low resolution of the base textures and was lacking a few details. That's why I decided to continue working on this version, implementing the new decal layout that enables asymmetrical markings on the wings and better details, and further improving the past version.
This isn't simply an upscale to 4K of Aerosoft's texture. It was made starting from the blank paint kit with native 4K assets for the best possible quality, while still retaining (IMHO) good performance.
It's important to mention that this isn't a knock on the work done by Aerosoft's texture artists. Not only their work on the new decal layout made this livery possible, but they did a great job within the constraints imposed by the resolution they worked with. This is simply one of my favorite liveries, so I decided it was worth making my own version.
If you enjoy my liveries (more are coming), the best way to support my work is to read my Microsoft Flight Simulator coverage on Twinfinite. Comments are also more than welcome.
We have dedicated daily news, developer interviews, add-on reviews, and more. Despite working on a general gaming website, I strive to offer competent coverage of the sim, and I'd really love to have more eyes of dedicated simmers on it.
It's worth mentioning that the author of this livery isn't associated in any way with IBEX Airlines. The intent of this livery is simply to provide an appropriate and realistic look for the aircraft when flying over Japan.
Simply unzip the folder in your community folder.
IMPORTANT: To use this livery, select the one named "IBEX." The one named "IBEX Airlines" is the official version made by Aerosoft.
Update 2.0 Changelog:
- Upgraded the package with the official paint kit, improving the overall quality considerably.
- Upgraded all textures to 4K resolution. All the custom assets have been purposely remade for the new resolution, which seems to be the best balance between detail and performance.
- Added several details that were missing in the first release.
- Fixed a few glitches.
Update 3.0 Changelog:
- Implemented the new features introduced with version 188.8.131.52 of the aircraft, including asymmetrical registration numbers and logos on the wings.
- Adjusted the colors to be closer to the real aircraft.
Update 3.1 Changelog:
- Adjusted decals and details to be more precise.
Here are more liveries and misc tweaks of mine you can download: