Sultan Abdul Halim Airport (IATA: AOR, ICAO: WMKA) is an airport in Kepala Batas, Kedah, Malaysia. It serves the city of Alor Setar and state of Perlis due to the state's small geographical size (but international as well as cross-sea flights to the Northern Peninsular, especially those from East Malaysia utilises the Penang International Airport as the main gateway).
The airport, located in Kepala Batas, is 15 km (9.3 mi) away from town, can handle up to 800,000 ppa. Built in 1929, the airport is the 2nd oldest airport in Peninsular Malaysia, after Taiping Airport. The new terminal is already operational by 5 May 2006 to cater for future traffic growth. The new terminal has the capacity to receive the Airbus A330 operations as the runway was extended from the previous 1,963 m × 45 m (6,440 ft × 148 ft) to 2,745 m × 45 m (9,006 ft × 148 ft). In 2009, the airport handled 421,314 passengers with 24,031 aircraft movements.
The Royal Malaysian Air Force training division is also co-located and uses the same runway as the airport.
- Custom terraforming
- Custom scenery objects for the Terminal, Hangar and more
- Air Force and Special Operation Air base
- Moderate terminal interior details.
- Hand-placed Taxiways and Runway light system. Taxiways center, Taxiways edge, Runway light system, etc.
- Full Day/Night lighting.
- Hand-crafted ground markings and textures.
- Airlines and destinations : AirAsia, Malaysia Airlines, MasWings, Batik Air, Firefly etc
Questions, problems/complaints, or requests, feel free to contact me at [email protected].