Developing this mod has been very time consuming. If you like my work and would like to help support future development, please consder donating using the Paypal donation link. Any amount would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
This mod replaces the entire shoreline of Big Bear Lake, CA with a higher resolution poly that is much more accurate, replaces the default (incorrect) trees in the San Bernardino mountains with pine trees, removes the water in Baldwin and Erwin lake (they're dry in real life), improves the lighting, fixes some glaring issues with the default scenery in the Big Bear area, and adds landmarks and many fine details. The goal is to bring the scenery as close to reality as possible. The water level of Big Big Lake is constantly changing, so the water level in this mod may not exactly match the current state of the lake as it is based on the water level when the bing image was taken so that it matches the underlying image. This mod requires both USA world updates.
The L35 Big Bear City Airport mod (By JosueMejia) and the L35 Density Altitude Signs mod (By vbazillio) are now fully merged with the permission of the authors! If you have either mod installed, please make sure to remove it before installing this mod.
Current default scenery: Winter
- World Update II (USA)
- World Update X (USA)
- Now includes an updated L35 Airport. L35 was orginally created by JosueMejia but he kindly allowed me to take over development. This update brings significant improvements, including better integration with the surrounding scenery, proper routing for the AI and taxi ribbon, taxiway signs, proper frequencies, improved parking, terraforming and much more!
- Density altitude signs for L35 by vbazillio!
- Much more detailed shoreline for Big Bear Lake and Stanfield Marsh
- Stanfield Cutoff is now above water and has details like the guard rails and drainage pipes
- Summer and Winter version of the scenery
- Baldwin Lake and Erwin Lake are now dry
- Improved lighting throughout Big Bear and street lights are removed where they don't exist in real life (38, 330, 18 etc)
- Stanfield Marsh boardwalk
- The Snow summit ski slope is now lit up at night during the winter (Winter scenery must be enabled)
- There are now boats on the lake during the summer
- Big Bear Solar Observatory (Plan to update the model in the future)
- Updated the biomes for the entire San Bernardino mountains. Pine trees now grow in Big Bear, Lake Arrowhead, Lake Gregory etc.
- Custom localized biomes reflecting the microclimates of Big bear, such as variable scrub brush in the Erwin Lake area
- Horses in the Baldwin lake and Erwin Lake areas and a few black bears now live in the woods behind Fawnskin where there are frequent sightings.
- The CA-18 bridge at the dam is no longer baked into the scenery texture
- Added the solar array behind the convention center/wyatts and the solar panels at the North Shore Elementary School and Big bear highschool
- Random car parking throughout Big Bear, including paved parking lots, trailheads, turnouts along the 38 and 18 etc.
- Tons of little fixes and improvements all over Big Bear.
Video from Bill4LE: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YzESL9xPFIs
- Project Lifts (Includes Big Bear) - Highly recommended!
Always delete the mod folder ('flightsimdude-scenery-bigbearca') from your community folder before copying any future updates.
Switch Between Summer And Winter Scenery:
To switch from summer to winter:
Rename "scenery\bigbearca-scenery\bigbearscenery-summer.bgl" to "bigbearscenery-summer.bgl.bak" or delete the file
Rename "scenery\bigbearca-scenery\bigbearscenery-winter.bgl.bak" to "bigbearscenery-winter.bgl"
To switch from winter to summer:
Rename "scenery\bigbearca-scenery\bigbearscenery-winter.bgl" to "bigbearscenery-winter.bgl.bak" or delete the file
Rename "scenery\bigbearca-scenery\bigbearscenery-summer.bgl.bak" to "bigbearscenery-summer.bgl"
- JosueMejia (Provided the art assets and was the original developer of L35 Airport. Make sure to check out his other mods!)
- vbazillio (Provided the Density Altitude signs. Make sure to check out his other mods!)
- tacandme (Sponsor)
- vgbaron (Sponsor)
- monstersd619 (Sponsor)
- Joshsum (Sponsor)
- Vibstronium (Sponsor)
- Affenmann (Sponsor)
- Tom1957 (Sponsor)
- lloydsmit (Sponsor)
- perohijo (Sponsor)
- Bill @ Bill4LE