A huge thanks to Don Grovestine for allowing me to port his models to complete this project. Originally, this was only supposed to use default assets but Don selflessly allowed the use of his model library. The list of library items used are as follows:
- Various Infield objects and buildings
- Cadet, Glider and Abbotsford Airshow society buildings
- Abbotsford Air Tanker Base building
- Abbotsford Terminal and associated buildings
- TRADEX building
- West end hangars
- Conair hangars
- Coastal Pacific buildings & The Baron
- Abbotsford Tower
- GodSpeed Fuel tank
- Canadian Aviation Academy building
- Chinook Helicopters Building
- Alpine Aerotech building
- Sequoia and Campbell Helicopters building
- Cascade Aerospace hangar
- Abbotsford Shell Aerocentre
- & more smaller buildings here and there...
This rendition of Abbotsford aside from Don's original models are built on the default/stock Abbotsford airport with added details to gates, aprons, and markings. Various buildings have been digitally upscaled through AI and various logos have been updated. All upscaled logos have also been replaced with HD, updated logos. It also includes native FS2020 lighting.
In summary, the features are as follows:
- Custom 3d Modelled buildings provided by Don's original CYXX (2012)
- 3D models tweaked and textured to work with FS2020
- Updated signage, taxi signs, taxi designations, and runway lighting based on the Current CAP charts (2022/03/29)
- Updated and upscaled textures.
- Updated apron textures.
- Added numerous parking to support all types of aircraft from GA to Airliner to Military.
- Supported and tested with AIG and MAIW. Tested with heavy AI traffic.
Upcoming Changes for V2
- Texture updates for various buildings including PBR, and NORMAL mapping
- Native GLTF Conversion for all models
Visit Don's original CYXX webpage here:
Aircraft are not included. Aircraft seen are from AIG, MAIW and Don's original AI flight plans and aircraft for Conair.
Abbotsford International Airport (IATA: YXX, ICAO: CYXX) is located in Abbotsford, British Columbia, Canada, 2.2 nautical miles (4.1 km; 2.5 mi) southwest of the city centre. It is the second largest airport in the Lower Mainland region of British Columbia, after Vancouver International Airport (YVR), and is in close proximity to British Columbia Highway 1, and the US border. It is located about 65 kilometres (40 mi) from downtown Vancouver.
YXX offers daily domestic scheduled services and seasonal international scheduled services. The airport is equipped with a CAT 1 instrument landing system, on-site aircraft rescue and firefighting, and a fully serviced air terminal building with customs and passenger screening. It is classified as an airport of entry by Nav Canada and is staffed by the Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) for all scheduled international arrivals. CBSA also provides clearance services to all general aviation aircraft with no more than 15 passengers.
Abbotsford Airport has a longstanding general aviation community and an established aerospace community, including Cascade Aerospace, the Conair Group, and the University of the Fraser Valley Aerospace Centre.
Abbotsford Airport is also home to the Abbotsford Shell Aerocentre FBO and flying schools, such as Coastal Pacific Aviation, Principal Air and Chinook Helicopters. YXX is highly visible to the public due to the Abbotsford International Airshow, Defense & Security Expo, and Tradex events centre.
There are approximately 87 hectares (215 acres) of land immediately available for airside and landside development. In 2008, 503,693 passengers passed through Abbotsford International Airport and 477,087 in 2014.
In 2018, the airport announced it will undergo a $5 million, 14-000 square foot expansion to add new gates and additional passenger seating capacity.