Duxford, UK - Home to the Imperial War Museum and the Duxford Air Festival
I have recrafted this airport from scratch and tried to match the real-world features as closely as possible. I have created custom models for some of the larger hangars, and used (lots) of base objects to complete the airfield.
I hope you enjoy it!
Duxford Aerodrome (ICAO: EGSU) is located 8 nautical miles (15 km; 9.2 mi) south of Cambridge, within the Parish of Duxford, Cambridgeshire, England and nearly 1-mile (1.6 km) west of the village.
The airfield is owned by the Imperial War Museum (IWM) and is the site of the Imperial War Museum Duxford and the American Air Museum.
Duxford Aerodrome has a Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) Ordinary Licence (Number P678) that allows flights for the public transport of passengers or for flying instruction as authorised by the licensee (Cambridgeshire County Council). The aerodrome is not licensed for night use.
- Completely overhauled airport from scratch
- Runways with custom markings
- Taxiways and signs
- Apron markings
- West and East parking (you can choose via ATC)
- Air Space hangar - custom model
- American War Museum - custom model
- Control Tower - custom model
- Land Warfare Hall - custom model
- 3 main hangars - custom model
- Over 200 other hand placed scenery objects
- Terraformed M11 and grass bank
- Added ground ATC
Extract the "gobby-duxford" folder to your /Community/ folder.
- I have not included any of the external museum aircraft, weapons and tanks (sorry I don't have time to model them all!) I have replaced the British airliners collection with some a320s to give a similar look from the air.
- I replaced the flight simulator truck with a stock blue (american) truck as it was the closest scenery available.
- The 3 'green' hangars use the same model, even though there are subtle differences in real-life.
- I have not added any night lighting as the real aerodrome is not used at night.
- Lots of buildings towards the front are not accurate to real-life as they are stock objects.