The Alpine Odyssey is an inspiring 1000 mile route through the heart of the Alps for chilled glider pilots and keen beginners. It starts on the Southern coast of France and ends in the lowlands of Eastern Austria - you will ascend to to tens of thousands of feet using ridge lift alone!
The Alpine Odyssey is divided into 10 stages that you can tackle one day at a time, each stage takes between 1 and 1.5 hours to complete.
If you have never flown a glider before, you can acquire the basic skills with the included practice flights and learn as you go on this gliding adventure. If you can get through the first stage you will make it to the end!
- A comprehensive user guide
- Weather presets with decent winds speeds and light clouds
- Two practice flight plans where you can hone your skills
- The complete set of Alpine Odyssey flight plans
- Audio encouragement from our charismatic naturalist