This aircraft is first and foremost a high-fidelity realism mod of the default Asobo MSFS Cub Crafters NXCub bushplane. It flies like the real thing, hitting all the numbers. The engine's been upgraded to the best Cub Crafters has to offer: the Lycoming 393i 215HP powerplant. Propeller performance too has been accurately modelled.
But it wouldn't be a monster cub if there wasn't something wicked. And so there is: NOS (Nitrious Oxyde Systems) has been installed for up to 3 minutes of nitro injection giving you an additional 100HP. Great for some STOL take-offs or emergency obstacle climbs!
- This mod installs as a new aircraft in your hangar and does not require the existing NXCub to be installed.
- This mod uses the default Asobo G3X (or the WT mod if you have it), so kindly do not report any Garmin issue to me as I can't help you there.
- Engage NOS either with the switch or the War Emergency Power keybind.
Realism and Performance Mod
- High fidelity CFD flight model and Lycoming 393i engine
- Tailored wing lift profile with higher AoA
- Propwash over rudder and elevator gives proper control early on at the takeoff roll
- Demonstrated cross-wind of 11kts possible
- Clean stall settles in a 600fpm parachute mode as per the real cub
- Custom thermo dynamics for Oil and CHT, closely matching reality
- Modern Prop Physics and Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD), including CFD Ground Effect
- Enjoy a cruise speed of over 130 kts, maximum altitude of 14,000 feet and range of 750 nm
- Demonstrated take-off distance of 120 feet and landing distance of 80 feet as in the real NXCub 393i
- Accurate long-range narrow-beam landing lights in aviation-white
- Windshield de-icer installed, activated with the Cabin Heat lever
- Automatic Pitot heat, managed by the G3X
- Accurate and useful camera setup, with the eyes located where they really would be
- Animated windows left and right (since this is a mod on a default Asobo aircraft, there are some caveats: right door cannot be animated, glass of both windows does not animate along with the frames and no change in sound)
- Tailored exterior lights
- Various switch, lever and label fixes throughout the cockpit
NOS, the Monster in the Cub
- Up to 3 minutes of total Nitrous Oxide injection
- Hulks the Lycoming 393i 215hp instantly to 315hp
- Use short bursts then cool down...oil temperature easily goes critical within 10 seconds
- The NOS cylinder automatically refills whenever you refuel
- Engage with the NOS switch or the War Emergency Power keybind
Default Garmin G3X, but...
- Highly recommend to install the Working Title G3X mod (https://www.workingtitle.aero/packages/g3x/)
- This is a bush plane, and the Garmin knows it...be free from "500 500", "Terrain Terrain" or similar noise
- Customized engine panel with remaining fuel and range data
- Useful annunciations added (NOS Low, Parking Brake, Fuel Imbalance, etc), only works with the WT G3X mod installed
- Radar Altitude added (displays whenever you're less than 2,500 feet AGL)
Typical power settings:
- Normal Rated (100% ... use for take-off): 2,700 rpm / 30 mp
- Performance Cruise (75% rated): 2,450 rpm / 24 mp
- Economy Cruise (65% rated): 2,350 rpm / 21 mp
- Ferry Cruise (60% rated): 2,050 rpm / 15 mp
- 23 Professional liveries by @STOL Addicts | TheHodge146 on top of the default livery
- Saving the best for last: comes with a coffee-cup holder!
MORE COOL AIRCRAFT
❤️ BE A SUPPORTER ❤️
GOT GRAVEL DISCORD SERVER
Join our vibrant community of fun-loving aviators (5000+ members)