6 handcrafted airports in 1 package!
This is a pack of airports in the Talkeetna, Alaska area. Some of the airports were missing and have now been added, some airports were not in good condition from the auto generated area and height maps. The surrounding water ways also suffered from this issue and were often very hilly and bumpy which made the shores look horrible as well. This pack will address these issues while including one of the most interesting airports/airstrips I have encountered yet, 2AK7 - Bald Mountain Airstrip. This is a small airstrip that is on top of a mountain with the runways ending in cliffs. Have fun landing and taking off out of this airport! This pack is perfect for some beautiful Alaskan VFR scenery. I have worked on all these airports by hand in an effort to make realistic representations of each airports included. All I ask is that you have fun and enjoy!
Bringing the pacakge up to date with the latest Sim update.
Update only required if you plan to use any of the airports that are contained in this pack in combination with airports made by other developers.(Example: You want to use Birch Creek but want to use another developer's PATK)
This update focused on a number of compatibility updates that should allow the use of any other developer's airport along side airports within this pack. Previously, there were some unknown dependencies that caused (mainly height) issues when using other developer's airports and airports in this pack. That should no longer be the case. If you do find some of these issues, please reach out to me and I can make the updates accordingly.
Shoutout to Brian Smith for bringing this to my attention!
-Compatibility update for MSFS Version 126.96.36.199
- Broke out all airports into individual packages. This will allow you to pick and choose individual airports from the pack instead of being stuck with all or nothing. Each package still contains the terrain, vegetation, and height fixes.
Download the .zip file and extract it. Once done, simply drag and drop the airports from the extracted zip folder to your community folder. You can drag over as many or as few as you like. Each airport is contained within it's own folder. Please make sure to remove the old version that contains all airports in one. (the folder should be called "julysfire-airport-talkeetna-area-pack" unless it was manually renamed).
- Rangeview Airstrip: Corrected some heights, added additional scenery items, extended runway a little bit, corrected some of the water around the strip.
- Birch Creek: Added some additional scenery items.
- Carl's Landing: Added additional scenery items, some texture fixes.
- Bald Mountain: Smoothed out the tiling of the ground texture.
- Talkeetna Airport: Added additional scenery items. Cut down some trees that were on the train tracks near the airport.
2AK7 is an entire airstrip that is not currently in the base game
- This is a small little brush strip on top of a mountain! Try out your brush landing skills and land on top for some beautiful Alaskan views!
AK44 is an entire airstrip that is not currently in the base game
- A small airstrip on the Southern part of Talkeetna with the runway ending at the river. Beautiful fly ins over the river or the town center of Talkeetna.
Lots of fixes to the other airports including massive height fixes to the runways to make them usable (height/trees/ect)
Hand crafted airports and scenery of surrounding area
Handful of GA parking spots at each airport
Absolutely tons of river, lake, and other height fixes in the area (~150-200 total miles by my last estimate, I lost count to be honest...)
Better ground textures and vegetation of the surrounding area
Realistic look and feel during the day and night based on satellite imagery
Beautiful Alaskan scenery perfect for VFR flights
- Download the .zip file from Releases (or zip file here)
- Extract files from the .zip
- Move the desired aiports from the extracted folder to the your Microsoft Flight Simulator Community Folder. This can be as very or as many as you wish. Each are individual airports.
For the Microsoft Store edition AND/OR Gamepass edition:
For the Steam edition:
C:\Users\[YOUR USERNAME]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft Flight Simulator\Packages\Community
For the Boxed edition:
- I noticed the first time I loaded the package, the water height was still messed up from a distance but upon getting closer to it, it fixed itself. After reloading into the Sim, it doesn't do that. If you see bad water height upon first loading in, try flying near it or reloading.