This is the improvement project for the MSFS default G36. It all started as a simple edit of some configuration files but it has since grown into a fully-fledged modification that improves all aspects of the default G36 and introduces new features. This was made possible with the help of the community consisting of both enthusiasts and G36 pilots. (for a list of contributors, see the end of this post).
Download links are below under 'Installation'. The main discussion on this mod is on the official MSFS forum: click here.
The 0.6 update adds an all-new engine start simulation to the G36, a working electric fuel pump, more activated and functional switches, updated flight dynamics, system improvements and better lighting effects.
Current features of this modification are:
* Adjusted climb and cruise performance to match the Bonanza G36 POH charts.
* Adjusted flap and gear drag
* Slightly reduced pitch effect due to elevator deflection + propwash
* Slightly increased nosewheel steering angle
* Added drag due to cowl flaps. This causes a 3-4 kts cruise speed loss.
* Decreased yaw sensitivity by lowering deflection rate as a function of speed
* Increased overall stability: less 'twitchy' feeling
Engine & Fuel system
* Completely overhauled engine parameters: realistic fuel flow, mixture-EGT interaction, engine performance at all pressure altitudes.
* Simulation of the electric fuel pump
* More advanced simulation of engine startup:
- Cold starts: correct use of the fuel pump, throttle and mixture required depending on engine and ambient temperature
- Under some conditions, idling the engine too soon after start may cause it to quit.
- Flooded engine: pumping too much fuel to the engine may cause it to ignite slower or not at all.
- Flooded engine start procedure (mixture low/cut, throttle halfway) may resolve this.
- A hot engine running idle with little airflow may quit because the fuel evaporates. (Hotstarts WIP)
* Added new working systems and switches:
- Airco (has a negative effect on engine performance, you will see a few kts lower cruise speed)
- Airco and ventilator switches are functioning and part of the electrical system
- Annunciator test
* Electrical system overhaul:
- Completely revised electrical buses: all individual systems hooked up to the correct bus
- Bus tie logic added
- Correct voltage indications of BUS2 due to reverse current blocking diodes
- Correct alternator loads
- Made all indications smooth, rather than instant jumps to a new value
* Autopilot tweaks
- Fixed holding the wrong altitude at non-standard atmospheric pressures
- Max pitch and bank angles adjusted for smoother AP behaviour
- Added maximum and minimum IAS_ref speeds for FLC mode
- Adjusted autopilot PIDs
* Integration with the Working Title G1000 mod, with customized ENGINE, LEAN and SYSTEM pages.
* Completely redone G1000 annunciators: all annunciators of the real G36 were implemented (except for door open warnings)
* Corrected fuel gauge scale
Textures & effects
* Including the latest version of Uwajimaya's lighting mod (https://uwajimaya.github.io/FS2020/)
* Corrected decals (e.g. shoulder hardness -> harness)
* Interactive checklists for every stage of your flight that follow the POH
1: Download and install the latest version of the Working Title G1000 v0.3 mod
2: Download and unzip the folder 'z-bonanza-g36-improvement-project' in your MSFS Community folder
Important note: make sure that the mod is loaded AFTER the G1000 mod. Mods are loaded in alphabetical order. The release versions therefore have 'z-' at the beginning of the folder name to automatically ensure a correct loading order. For contributors: if you have installed the mod from your fork or local clone you have to manually ensure the loading order is correct.
**Our contributors**FrettFS, CaptMatto, Coppersens, Uwajimaya, dciskey, Matchrocket, JuiceBox7535, jonasbeaver, Exp232, nickc95 (please contact me if you are not in this list while you should be!)
Special thanks to kaosfere4829 from the Working Title team for the coorperation on integrating the G1000 mod!
|Initial Release||September 30, 2020|
|Last Updated||October 31, 2020|
|File Size||389.96 KB|
|Status||Not Downloaded yet|
You are not allowed to upload this file to other sites under any circumstances.
You must get permission from me first before you are allowed to modify or improve my file.
You are not allowed to convert this file under any circumstances.
Asset Use Permission
You must get permission from me first before you are allowed to use assets of my file.
These items are currently on the list and will be processed soon!
Suggestion, bugs and ideas for the future.
October 31, 2020
September 30, 2020
Initial release of this file just launched. Welcome aboard!
Questions? Find your solution here.
Pretty empty over here.
Pretty empty over here.
These users have donated to FrettFS to keep him making awesome add-ons everyone can enjoy.
These add-ons may be required or recommended to use.
Pretty empty over here.
© The MSFS Community - All rights reserved. Any reupload or redistribution of this file without the author's prior written consent is forbidden.
This Microsoft Flight Simulator add-on was created by The MSFS Community and shared in Aircraft » Aircraft Enhancements for Microsoft Flight Simulator.