Grand Canyon National Park Airport is a state-owned public-use airport located in Tusayan, Arizona; located 7 miles from the South Rim of the Grand Canyon National.
What does this mod do?
The default Grand Canyon National Park Airport (KGCN) needed some much help with almost zero buildings, misaligned taxiways and a very large chemtrail that went through the middle of the airport. I created this mod to enhance KGCN with proper 3D assets including: hangars, terminals, vehicles, roads, and vegetation around the airport; along with fixes to the runway and taxiway. This is not a 100% perfect representation of KGCN but I hope the additions to the airport makes it feel more real.
I tried my best to keep the amount of custom textures to a minimum (for file size) that was needed to remove that pesky chemtrail.
FPS optimization is still on-going but the hit using this mod now is ~5 fps.
Version 1.2 (Major)
- Major changes to the taxiway and aprons (Some of it is back-end)
- Better matches the real-life airport
- Most of the aprons have been re-mapped
- Texture and color changes
- More in-depth texture detail on the taxiway
- Added multiple painted lines across the airport
- Minor changes to taxiway signs
- Replaced and move some of the 3D assets
- Location change for small parking spots to help avoid collision issues
- Minor changes to the vegetation
- Floating light assets (sometime they appear, sometime they don't)
- Floating airport workers (they issues appears sometimes)
Download the zip file and extract it to the community folder.
The community folder should be located inside your Microsoft Flight Simulator Folder which resides in the AppData.