This is a scenery enhancement addon for Leipzig-Halle Airport (EDDP) located in Schkeuditz in between the cities of Leipzig (Saxony) and Halle (Saxony-Anhalt), serving both cities. It is only the 11th busiest airport by passengers, but the second busiest airport in Germany when it comes to cargo due to being a hub for DHL (German postal service), AeroLogic and Amazon. It was designed to be able to handle NATO and EU military aircraft aswell.
This scenery is my first big airport project, so there might be still some problems. Feel free to comment if you run into any issues.
It is work in progress and far from being perfect (if there is such thing).
There are two versions you can download. The only difference is that the Static Aircraft Version includes static aircraft (guess what;-)) from DHL, AeroLogic and PrimeAir (Amazon) on Aprons 2, 4 and 5 (cargo area). The main file (marked with a star) is the one without static aircraft.
- completely reworked ground layout according to charts
- completely reworked parking
- new runway texture including skid marks
- completely reworked ground markings (including custom ones)
- custom animated jetway
- custom buildings:
terminal A & B, A3 hangar, parking garage, old DHL hangar, old tower and baggage hangar, engine test run facility, control tower, WorldCargoCenter, Amazon logistic building, both DHL warehouses, DHL container terminal, taxiway bridges, ...
- correct taxiway signs
- better night-lighting
- hundreds of hand-placed scenery objects including models for AN-124, Il-18 and local railway
- improved landside and surrounding of terminal building
- custom static aircraft B737, B757, B767 and B777 from DHL, AeroLogic and PrimeAir (only in dedicated version)
known issues and limitations:
- highway traffic behaves strangly around custom bridges (You could encounter floating cars going through or over the bridge. I tried really hard to solve this, but didn´t find any way yet.)
- custom buildings are quite basic and mostly not PBR textured. (I just got started with blender and am still learning a lot.)
- custom jetway animation has some flaws (suspension bugs into ground)
Please remove any taxiway fix or flatten addon before using this airport, because these caused some chaos when I tested compatibility. You should not need any of these with this airport anyway.
Making this scenery takes countless hours. If you enjoy my work and have some spare money left, feel free to donate whatever you think this addon is worth! Would be greatly appreciated!
I hope you will enjoy this airport enhancement. If so, leave a comment and if not, do the same and I will try to fix whatever might be wrong.
If you want to contribute or help making this project better, feel free to contact me via DM on flightsim.to. I´m quite frequently online here.
I want to give a big shout out to Steffen1030, who shared his work on EDDP he did back in the days for FS2004 and allowed me to modify and use his models. At the moment the WorldCargoCenter, the old tower, terminal A and the old DHL hangar are his work, with just minor corrections and texture work on my side to fit them into MSFS2020. So thank you very much, Steffen!
Big thank you aswell to LEJ2012, who is working at EDDP and provided me with exceptional pictures of the aprons and buildings.
Same goes for Oskar, who is kindly providing reference pictures aswell. Thank you very much!
Join my discord server (language: German) for progress insights, Beta testing, support and more: https://discord.gg/wU5W67jfBc
Please DO NOT reupload this on any other addon website. It is freeware, so there is no problem with just sharing a link to flightsim.to!
Note that this addon includes models, which were downloaded from 3D-Warehouse (Sketchup). According to 1.B.II of the General Model Licence (https://3dwarehouse.sketchup.com/tos/), one is allowed to include these objects in "Combined Work", if it "includes substantial additional content to the original Model", which is the case in this instance. I am not claiming these models as my work. For more information and links to the original models see the readme in the folder.