The Airfield of Karlstadt is a small glider Airfiled in a Nature Reserve near the town of Karlstadt 16NM N of VOR Wuerzburg. It features crossed grass/gravel runways with 450/520m length. As the Airfield is in a Nature Reserve the runway is bumpy and uneven, what makes it sometimes challenging to fly, but it integrates in to the landscape beautifully and is a joy to fly from. It is located near and named after a characterisitic shaped hill the "Saupurzel".
In real life Motorgliders, ultralights, gliders and Echo-class with special permission are allowed to operate there. But you can give it a try with small turbo-props or twin engine planes :)
>> All modifications are made 100% with Objects included in the Sim<<
>> Made from real Pilot flying at the field<<
- complete Terraforming of the complex airfield with runways
- implementation of all important buildings at and around the airfield
- POI´s (Saupurzel, Edelweiss, Karlsburg)
- Correct Runways with size and position and parking positions for Guests (1+2) and Airplanes of the club (3), correct windsock positions
- All important characteristics for the Procedures including emergency procedures
- Correction of terrain, adding tons of Signs, Paths, Houses etc.
Mikea.at - AssetPackhttps://flightsim.to/file/1923/mikea-at-assetpack
>fixed runway grass height
>added some runway bumps for more challenging flights
>added Objects from mikea.at Asset Pack
>constant level of the River "Main" - for low flying
> added POI Homburg
>Corrections at scenery and terrain nearby
In the Pictures you can also find the VAC for the airfield.
Website of the Club
Youtube Videos Real Life
Real Life Facebook Page
If you can find any bugs, please let me know. As this is a work in Progress some Features may be a little "rough" but ok to get the "right feeling"
Have fun flying!