Hi. This mod improves the Bell 407 behaviour in relation to a couple of things that bugged me with the original one.
1. Torque. You can overtorque now. Before, full collective would render you uhmm 85% torque. Which is unrealistic. You should be careful with your left hando so you don't overtorque the engine. Fixed.
2. Rotor RPM. Now you can pull too much collective. In the original, no matter how much collective you pulled, the rotor RPM stayed at 100%. Fixed aswell.
3. Cameras. Original one = bad. This one = less bad. Call it fixed..
4. Engine. Engine is working more realistically now. Still needs work. Maybe it's a limitation of the sim or my brain. I can't tell yet. More on that soon.
5. Tail rotor more sensitive. IRL you don't need as much pedal to keep the heli going straight. Fixed too.
Things to do:
During cruise, the yaw moment is the same as during hover. This is wrong. Needs fixing. - DONE
Engine startup weird. needs fixing
Rotor too slow on startup. Needs fixing
Version 0.0.0.0.0.6 November 17, 2022
>>>>>> PANEL <<<<<<
Changed emissive from radioactive green to more natural lamplike yellow (Credits: Jaydee)
Version 0.0.0.0.0.5November 17, 2022
Trim less sensitive in about 40%
Rotor brake force increased 40x. You still need to pump it but uhm.. Asobo will have to fix that later.
Fuel type corrected: Believe it or not. I wish I was kidding. The fuel type was set to 100 Octane gas. Changed to Jet A now (weight now matches expected standard day capacity of 130Gallons (850 lbs)
Also, I've been working on an off on this update for 2 days. I might have missed things on the changelog here. Sorry :)
Version 0.0.0.0.0.4 November 15, 2022
Hi, it's me once more.
Hover behaviour - Now you need aft and left cyclic to enter a stable hover. This is per feedback from users who had past experience with other Bell 407 addons.
Fixed issue with minimum N2 for fuel flow not allowing for cold & dark startup
This time I'm removing the previous version since it broke things. Sorry about that.
Version 0.0.0.0.0.3 November 14, 2022
Sorry about having so many updates. It only means I'm actively working on this.
1. Second pass at the yaw behaviour. This one is much more natural
2. Hover feels more natural
3. Narrowed collective range (in relation to the blade) to avoid sensitive collective.
4. Overall awesomeness increased.
Version 0.0.0.0.0.2 November 14, 2022
1. Made the helicopter fly straight (thank god)
2. Coordination is now required for high speed bank turns (need pedal in addition to cyclic when turning)
3. Removed a little bit of front fuselage drag and side fuselage drag. This will make it go a little faster ~115knots at max power with default payload
WombiiActual's multiplayer rotor fix (in multiplayer, you see all rotors stopped):