- 9 different exterior colour combinations.
- 4 custom interior colours across 8 aircraft and 1 aircraft using the MSFS default interior colour.
- Either white, red/white or prop colour tips.
- Custom prop blur textures for all 3 prop types to match the prop tip colour.
- More realistic prop blur with reduced strobing compared to the MSFS standard aircraft.
- All textures used were developed from the default MSFS DA40 NG or other default aircraft in the standard edition of MSFS.
Just copy the folders in this zipfile to your MSFS "Community" folder.
Compatible with both the MSFS standard DA40-NG and the DA40-NGX Improvement Mod, which I recommend. You can find this mod by searching for "DA40-NGX" (without the quotes) using the search feature at this top of this screen.
- Asobo introduced a number of errors into the DA40 visual model with the update to version 126.96.36.199, resulting in black rectangles appearing on the body as you zoom out in external view. Also the surround of the PFD is missing on the interior. These visual errors will occur if you are using the MSFS default DA40-NG, but will not occur if you are using the DA40-NGX Improvement Mod, as it utilises the pre-update visual model.
- The aircraft registration of the other aircraft is part of the aircraft textures, to allow a custom font style/colour. As a result you can’t change the registration to one of your own on these repaints.
- If you haven’t modified the aircraft.cfg file but still find 2 registrations appearing on the aircraft fuselage, check if you have a registration value set in ATC options (available when selecting an aircraft). Remove any values you find there to prevent any registration duplication on this aircraft.
- With the engine off the props correctly model the prop tip colour being only visible on the front of the blade, but this was not possible for the props while in motion. You either have the choice of no prop tip colour on the moving blades at all, or prop tip colour visible from both the cockpit and outside views. I liked the effect of the prop tip colour on the moving blades, so the prop blur on all aircraft match their prop tip colours. The "Readme.txt" in the upload has instructions on how to have no prop tip colour texture for moving prop.
- While these are fictitious repaints of the DA40, real Diamond aircraft were used for the colour inspiration of most of the repaints. Where I have based the colours used on a real aircraft, I used the registration of that aircraft. Any aircraft with rego VH-BLH are not based on real aircraft colours.
- My first aircraft repaints for MSFS so all repaints use the standard Diamond "Ribbons Livery" style developed by Asobo.
These repaints are provided free of change and are not to be repurposed for inclusion with any commercial package or uploaded to another site. The use of the downloaded repaints is done at your own discretion and risk and with agreement that you will be solely responsible for any damage to your computer system or loss of data that results from such activities.
You can contact me on the Microsoft forums under user BilingualHarp7 and the thread created for the release of my aicraft repaints. https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/da40-and-da62-repaints/330987.