NOTE: This is for exclusive use with Miltech Simulation's Carriers. You must own any of the Miltech Simulation Carriers to download and use this product. If you bought any of our carriers at Flightsim.to, ORBX or SimMarket, this utility is already included in the product. However, Microsoft Marketplace customers won't have the tool downloaded and installed by default, hence we are uploading it here for free access to these customers.
NOTE 2: This tool is EXCLUSIVE to PC. It does not work on Xbox, and currently, no alternatives exist for Xbox customers. Unfortunately, Xbox is a very restrictive platform and we cannot distribute any software that doesn't fully exist within the sim. This tool is external to the Sim as it connects through a SimConnect module, and therefore, cannot be distributed on Xbox.
- Run the Carrier Launcher software (shortcut on your desktop)
- Launch MSFS and place any aircraft on the aircraft carrier. Taxi to any of the catapult locations.
- Connect the Carrier Launcher software to your sim by clicking "Connect"
- Select your takeoff speed, or type your own.
- Set parking brakes and maximum thrust. Click on "Ready to Launch"
- Release parking brakes and see your aircraft quickly accelerate to the selected speed.
- Make sure your Carrier Launcher is connected to the sim (if not, click "Connect")
- Select the full stop time, or type your own. The faster the aircraft, the shorter the full stop time it is. For example, for a fighter jet, a 1s full stop time is ideal.
- Click on "Extend Tailhook" and land normally. The aircraft will decelerate quickly. Assist with braking as required.
Our Carrier Launcher is a custom derivative of Kinetic Assistant by Touching Cloud, licensed under an MIT license.
I got a couple of carriers so I DL and added this to my MSFS the first time it crashed my game and ever since then anytime I want to take off from any airport it crashes. It works if I start the game flying but can't take off. I uninstalled the carriers and the Miltech Launcher, I reinstalled graphic drivers, uninstalled the game and reinstalled it and it still crashes the game. Any ideas on how I can fix this? Any help would be great, thanks. (Win 11)
miltechsim 5 month(s) ago
Please contact us at miltechsimulations at gmail dot com. Haven't had any reports of crashes by other customers, so there must be something odd here.
JValenz55 5 month(s) ago
Hey, thanks for your response. After I went about trying to figure out what else could be causing the crash on take off from ground and worked find starting up in the air. And all worked fine. I believe it happened because I put the ATC & Objective windows outside the game window. After lot of trial and error I put them back in the game window and hasn't crashed since. Now I need to DL all my stuff back. Your launcher works great! Thank you again
I like this, but is there a VR update coming.? (Carrier Launcher not visible in VR.)
zaelu 1 year(s) ago
have you tried Kinetic Assistant?