Version 1.3 - Free "lite" version.
CNC3 Brampton - Caledon Airport PRO 1.0 is now available at https://flightsimulation.romandesign.ca
Full 3D model rework, added electric meters on the side of hangars, reworked textures, fixed a parking spot bug.
File size: 106Mb
This scenery does not use Google data. The signature hangar models are hand-made 3D models, created and textured in Blender. CNC3 Brampton Caledon Airport is a well-known local GA airport in Toronto area, where many of GTA enthusiast learn to fly and enjoy flying for many years. The airport is famous by it's signature blue GA hangars with red roofs and mostly open aircraft pods, and a large open-air parking area. The original generic scenery loocs completely wrong, and has many problems, including the lack of the parking area, "baked-in" aircraft silouettes, unnetural grass texture poligons etc. This scenery replaced 28 generic hangars with a custom 3D models and model variations.
Please let me know if you encounter any bugs or problems. Due to limitations of SDK, MSFS bugs and lack of documentation it's not perfect, but I hope it will give you a much greater immersion and sense of realism, especially if you know the area and fly there in real time. If oyu keep a plane there and fly there regularly - give me a shout, I'd be intersted in your opinion and suggestions for improvement.
- Custom hand-made signature blue and red hangar 3D models, replacing 28 generic hangars
- Custom-made Canadian flag
- Custom aprons and aircraft parking, with signature tie-down parking spots
- Improved and redrawn taxiways, added missing lines and markings
- Corrected and masked textures and terrain features
- Multiple aircraft models parked in correct parking areas and inside signature open hangars
- Realistic Fuel area with correct night lighting
- Custom night lighting of hangars, illuminating the planes inside and hangar sides
- Parked cars, airport vehicles, painted car parking spaces and blocks, picnic tables, fences and other random objects added at correct spots for more realism
- Hand-drawn custom helipad at accurate location
- Many of the remaining autogen hangars replaced with more suitable models (custom models coming up in the Pro version)
ADDED FEATURES OF THE PRO VERSION
Available now at https://flightsimulation.romandesign.ca
DONATIONS / SUPPORT
Donations toward completing this hand-made and 3D modelled Brampton Caledon Airport scenery project and other upcoming projects are welcome! This airport took me dozens of hours to create and will take much more. You can support it via "Donate using PayPal" or "Buy Me a Coffee" buttons. Better yet - Buy a PRO version! This way you will get an awesome airport for your money.
If you want to support my other creative project, check out Progress Report - my sci-fi technothriller novel which you can read and download for free.
Unzip into Community folder. After installation there should be a /romandesign-airport-cnc3-lite/ folder in your MSFS community folder.
1.0 - Initial release
1.2 - Full 3D model rework, added electric meters on the side of hangars, reworked textures
1.3 - Fixed missing parking spots bug, replaced 4 autogen hangars with more suitable models.
This scenery is distributed free of charge. Donations are appreciated.