Watch the Youtube release trailer to get a full video presentation of the mod.
The scenery adds Divača airport which is the oldest active airport in Slovenia. It was built in 1916 by the Austrians and used as a bomber base in World War I during battles of the Isonzo. After the war, the airport was operational with the Italian air force until 1942. After World War II it got abandoned and was unused until the middle of the eighties when the Carsian Aero Club was formed and took HQ. During the 90s a hangar complex was built nearby with a paved runway. Currently, it hosts both the club and the privately-owned section with its own taxiway.
Check my other VFR Slovenia projects!
- Runway 11/29 2625 ft x 66 ft (800 m x 20 m) GRASS / Runway 13/31 2625 ft x 48 ft (800 m x 15 m) ASPHALT
- Divača aero club HQ with one hangar, the offices and 1x spawn point plus a bunch of details and custom assets
- 2 privately owned hangars with a separate taxiway, featuring 2 spawn points and the refuel station with custom assets
- the new 3rd hangar (closed)
- reworked grass and terraforming elevation as one end of the airfield is 10m higher from the other, sloped runways
- custom glider trailers, parallax windows, and much more
- animated flags following wind direction and 4 states of wind strenght (by mamu from fsdeveloper.com)
- custom flags
- Unzip the download and drag&drop the two folders into your community folder!
Updated to v1.0.2
- World Update 14 compatibility
- addon reduced by 408mb disk space as custom aerial orto is removed and no longer needed
- complete rework of the scenery, vegetation and terraforming
- custom flags added
- windsock shows correct wind direction
- wind turbines in the town of Divača and on Vremščica removed
- new decorating objects
Updated to v1.0.1
- Added compatibility with SLOVENIA 20m DEM - High Resolution Terrain Elevation Data by Troglodytus, terraforming revisited
- Aeroclub flag corrected to turn properly with wind direction
- Fuel box (park spot n.2) added near the old hangar with visual improvements to the fuel depot
- Added basic night lightning to the paved runway and taxiway to hangar 2,3
- Some tweaks to the scenery to improve performance
- Grass height is now correct thanks to Asobo global fix
Check screenshots 4,5 for reference.
The majority of sources for the textures were obtained by myself, some online references were used. The build was tested and reviewed for VR with good fps results (i7 8700, rtx3080, 32Gb, Reverb G2).