[NATIVE] [ANIMATED] [WORKING COCKPIT]
---- Important Update Out - 0.90 ----
Short changelog (full changelog below)
- added GTN750
- added AS330
- added TruTrak Sorcerer autopilot unit
- added ability to change avionics
- flight model and engine changes
- bug fixes
Thanks to Jonx and thealx for their help on some of these features!
Thanks for 5K downloads and the generous donations!
(Moved to GA section as it fits in better with those aircraft)
Burt Rutan's asymmetrical twin-fuselage wonder is now available for Microsoft Flight Simulator. Only one of this aircraft exists in real life, but now you can fly it whenever you want!
The Rutan Model 202 Boomerang is an aircraft designed and built by Burt Rutan. The design was intended to be a multi-engine aircraft that in the event of failure of a single engine would not become dangerously difficult to control due to asymmetric thrust. The result is an asymmetrical aircraft with a very distinct appearance. (Wikipedia)
- Just about everything is animated
- The textures are near accurate to real life
- Nearly everything in the cockpit works (soon everything will)
- More that I can't think of
This current version is 0.90, I will be improving the aircraft more past its initial release. If you spot any bugs, or missed features, please DM me here on Flightsim.to.
- The stall speed now sits around 70 - 90 knots, which is more realistic than before
- The aircraft has flaperons in real life, these will be implemented in a future update
Going into this project, I didn't have much experience with flight models etc. This sim does not support multiple fuselages, so I've opted to keep the flight model similar to the DA62, which it flies similar to. Unfortunately, this means that technically, the aircraft does not fly accurately to real-life, neither does it stall correctly. This is a key sim limitation, one that I am hoping will be changed soon. The location of fuel tanks and landing gear have had to be altered as a result of this.
Another limitation has been reference. I have not been able to go study this aircraft in real life, given that there is only one of it, and it is not on public display. Because of that, the two lower groups of switches are not accurate, and the model is not fully accurate, especially for closer details in the landing gear. If you have reference images or videos that I can use, please send me a message here on Flightsim.to!
- Co-pilot may not show
- The engines are not as powerful as real life, the performance of these is being changed with each update
- Remove any folders in your community folder named 'technotech-rutan-boomerang'
- Download the zip file and extract it to a convenient place
- Simply drag and drop the resulting folder into your community folder (for newer versions, the file named technotech-rutan-boomerang should be put into the community folder, not the folder named 'technotech-rutan-boomerang_0.[version]'
- Head to https://pms50.com/msfs/ to download the GTN750 package, instructions are on their website. Highly recommended, but not required for installation.
Be sure not to change the file structure of the folder! If you have any questions, DM me, or leave a comment below and I will do my best to respond quickly.
Update 0.85: multiple bug fixes and features added, the full changelog is below.
Thanks to Jonx for helping get this update out promptly!
Version 0.86: fixes the panel brightness issues.
Thanks to TJBurni, thealx, LVSKB and Jonx for their reoccuring help with this challenging project!
Thanks to PMS50 for creating a great GTN750 system for the sim!