Watch the Youtube release trailre to get a full presentation of the mod
The mod adds a custom-made replica of Postojna airfield (LJPO) in Slovenia. It is located 2,7km southwest of Postojna city and It is used by sport and tourist flights of aircraft which mass do not exceed MTOW 5700 kg. The small airfield is also a popular destination for gliding activities. It is home to the flight club Aeroklub Postojna.
Check my other VFR Slovenia projects!
- Altitude: 1739ft ASL, N45°45’01” E014°11’41”
- Runway: 02/20, 750x60m (2461x197ft), grass
- handcrafted main hangar, office, restaurant, and service shack
- custom glider trailers, static glider (by Baranger Emmanuel (http://embaranger.free.fr))
- animated flags, custom aprons, roads, runway road signs, decals, parallax windows and more
- redesigned vegetation, night lighting
- 3x small GA parking slots, 1x gas station
- Unzip the download and drag&drop the folder into your community folder!
- Some auto-generated lights appeared near the hangar and they are not removable atm.
Updated to v1.0.5
- World Update 14 compatibility
- complete scenery overhaul (aprons, polygons, grass, terraforming, roads...)
- custom flag added
- clean up of existing objects mesh
- new objects added for immersion
Updated to v1.0.4
- Added compatibility with SLOVENIA 20m DEM - High Resolution Terrain Elevation Data by Troglodytus, terraforming revisited
- Added grass to nearby fields as some were completely barren and some minor scenery tweaks
- Grass height is now correct thanks to Asobo global fix
Updated to v1.0.3
- Reworked ground textures and vegetation to match World Update 6 changes as Slovenia got a new bing ortho cover
- Added details to the nearby road and main hangar
Check screenshots 4,5 for reference.
Updated to v1.0.2
- Tested for sim update 5 *
- Objects changes
- Restaurant: building reworked, size-matched to real-world data, many details added
- Hangar: added nearby Pavillion, new sliding doors, building size and textures corrected, props rearranged to make space for spawn spot
- Service shack: building entirely rebuilt and reworked with higher quality textures
- Total revision of the vegetation all around the airfield based on recent aerial photos (thanks to dali for the photo source)
- Added terraforming, fixed the uneven grass, all the assets have been corrected to new terrain height.
- Nearby road textures improved: auto-generated traffic now flows on the road, reducing the "flying cars" effect due to road inclination
- Replaced static flags with animated ones, prone to wind direction and 4 states of wind strength (asset made by mamu)
- Added a taxiway on the grass, runway signs, and cones
- Various simobjects and scenery added
I've finally been at the airfield where I took quite a bit of data. The build was tested and reviewed for VR with good fps results (i7 8700, rtx3080, 32Gb, Reverb G2).
Updated to v1.0.1
- MaterialLibs renamed to avoid conflicts with other mods
- shimmering textures fixed
- corrected assets ground position
- various texture corrections
- added new details
This is my first project, I've started learning Blender and the SDK and had a lot of fun doing so. I'm planning to create more airports in the future. Any comment or support is welcome!
Thank you all!