Do you like flying VFR and watching the World below you? Do you sometimes feel that something is missing? We Love VFR is here to help you. We Love VFR is a free add-on for Microsoft Flight Simulator that adds thousands of new VFR-friendly objects. In this beta version, you get communication, radio, and tv antennas, chimneys, radar domes, construction cranes, and satellite/radio telescope dishes. I have plans for many, many more.
I spend countless hours developing this, so donations are very appreciated, but not mandatory ;)
If you don't like smoke effects, or they kill your fps, first of all, report it, but then you can switch them off by removing the "chimney_smoke.bgl" file from this add-ons scenery folder.
- Almost 200 000 objects were placed in region 2
- Coverage of North and South America and part of Oceania
- In this version mobile communication, tv and radio antennas, chimneys, radar domes, construction cranes, and satellite/radio telescope dishes
- Probably the first use of visual effects in scenery add-on. Yup, we have smoking chimneys (still experimental)
- Puffin AI* - correct placement and appearance of objects**
- Incorporated data from FAA, NOAA, and other national authorities
- Over 100 custom models
- Lower spec PC friendly
- Much more planned
- Yes, I know there are no cooling towers. Next update hopefully.
How to install?
Find your „Community” directory and just copy "a-puf-we-love-vfr-region2" folder there. That’s it. If you’re updating my addon, remove the old version before installing the new one.
If you have a conflicting addon refer to the included ReadMe file.
Warning: To get satellite dishes/radio telescopes you need "USA Points of Interest" by Asobo, from the official World Update USA installed. It's available in the marketplace for free.
It's a beta and I don't have much time for testing, also data in this region is far from perfect, so...
...don't be mad if you see any errors, just report them to me so I can fix them ;) If you see an object that you know but its appearance is wrong, join our discord and report it there. I'll try to add/fix it for the next version.
- In very rare cases there might be an office building instead of a chimney (I don't mean cooling towers, these are not implemented in the mod at all... yet). This is a case of mismatched data between Asobo and OSM and has to be fixed manually. Report it in comments or in our discord.
- my objects are switched off on photogrammetry to avoid conflicts (except mast and antennas). Unfortunately, photogrammetry boundaries are sometimes different than real photogrammetry coverage. Because of that, objects that are close to photogrammetry areas might not appear at all. I'm trying to figure out what to do with this.
- sometimes the smoke effect can be on the ground instead of on top of the chimney and go up and down depending on camera position. It's a bug in the sim and it was reported to Asobo.
*Not really AI. Just quite complex conditions, but AI sounds a lot better.
**Depends on data availability.