Do you like flying VFR and watching the World below you? Do you sometimes feel that something is missing? We Love VFR is here to help you. We Love VFR is a free add-on for Microsoft Flight Simulator that adds thousands of new VFR-friendly objects. In this beta version, you get communication, radio, and tv antennas, chimneys, radar domes, construction cranes, and satellite/radio telescope dishes. I have plans for many, many more.
I spend countless hours developing this, so donations are very appreciated, but not mandatory ;)
If you don't like smoke effects, or they somehow kill your fps, first of all, report it here or on discord, but then you can download "no effects" version of this add-on.
- Almost 200 000 objects were placed in region 2
- Coverage of North and South America and part of Oceania
- In this version, mobile communication, tv and radio antennas, chimneys, flare stacks, cooling towers, radar domes, construction cranes, satellite/radio telescope dishes, large and mountain peak crosses, and T.A.R.S. - Tethered Aerostat Radar System
- Probably the first use of visual effects in scenery add-on. Yup, we have smoking chimneys and cooling towers (still experimental). And yes, they do react to wind and even temperature.
- Puffin AI* - correct placement and appearance of objects**
- Incorporated data from FAA, NOAA, and other national authorities
- Over 100 custom models
- Lower spec PC friendly
- Much more planned
How to install?
Find your „Community” directory and just copy "a-puf-we-love-vfr-region2" folder there. That’s it. If you’re updating my addon, remove the old version before installing the new one.
If you have a conflicting addon refer to the included ReadMe file.
Warning: To get satellite dishes/radio telescopes you need "USA Points of Interest" by Asobo, from the official World Update USA installed. It's available in the marketplace for free.
I'm working on this alone and data in this region is far from perfect, so don't be mad if you see any errors, just report them to me so I can fix them ;) If you see an object that you know but its appearance is wrong, join our discord and report it there. I'll try to add/fix it for the next version.
- In very rare cases there might be an office building instead of a chimney (I don't mean cooling towers, these are not implemented in the mod at all... yet). This is a case of mismatched data between Asobo and OSM and has to be fixed manually. Report it in comments or in our discord.
- My objects are switched off on photogrammetry to avoid conflicts (except mast and antennas). Unfortunately, photogrammetry boundaries are sometimes different than real photogrammetry coverage. Because of that, objects that are close to photogrammetry areas might not appear at all. I'm trying to figure out what to do with this. If you find a place like this, report it to me so I can fix it.
- Sometimes the steam effect can be on the ground instead of on top of the cooling tower and go up and down depending on camera position. It's a bug in the sim and it was reported to Asobo. A workaround will be available in the next main version of We Love VFR.
*Not really AI. Just quite complex conditions and a lot of code, but AI sounds a lot better.
**Depends on data availability.