Qualicum Beach airport ( IATA : XQU , TC LID : CAT4 ) is located 1.8 nautical miles south of the Town of Qualicum Beach , British Columbia , Canada .
Try an early flight at 6:00 AM in the morning from Nanaimo airport , it only takes 15 minutes to Qualicum Beach airport for breakfast at the Final Approach restaurant at the airport .
I love that early morning orange light from the sun along the coastline on the way to Qualicum Beach airport .
And oh , when landing on runway 29 , if you notice , you'll see a couple of people are riding
horses early in the morning too , along the airport fence .
- All buildings at the airport are custom modeled .
- Custom runway markings , custom signs and apron markings .
- The weather station at the airport is also modeled .
- Custom airport fence .
- Add lots of other models .
- Add night lighting .
OK , enough talks . Let's download the file , unrar it , copy the CAT4-Qualicum Beach airport folder into community folder where Flight Simulator 2020 is instaled and start the flight to find out how it looks .
- Thanks Ken Peters for the photos . Without the photos , the custom models are not possible .
- And also thanks the airport manager for his kindness allowing Ken Peters to take photos of the airport .
Hope you enjoy the airport scenery as much as I do .
UPDATE : Version 1.3.0 ( Oct 5th 2023)
NOTE : You need to install all four of my airports to avoid missing 3D objects .
They are : CYXH , CYQL , CYCD and CAT4 .