- Engines may fail to start manually if you have a hardware throttle panel. Just cheat by using keyboard shortcut "Ctrl+E" for cold and dark start in case you can't.
- "Ignition" and "Pitot no heating" warning keeps on whether you keep those switches on or off.
- Make sure both the left and right engines are running properly if you start simulation directly on runway. Sometimes one of them is out.
- There are BREAKING CHANGES to liveries since WU5, please change the last line of model.cfg for all your liveries:
- If cockpit textures are not loaded properly for custom liveries, modify all the entries in texture.cfg as below:
* Please DELETE the old version everytime before installing a new version, and read the FAQs before raising a complaint or question *
This is a total remake of ATR72 for FSX by Virtualcol, which was released as payware initially. Animations and flight dynamics have been reproduced from scratch, ground interactions have been added, and all the lights have been made working. It can be cosidered a native FS2020 aircraft rather than just a converted model, and no more "_CVT_" folder would be generated.
The adaptation of the mod is done under formal permission from Virtualcol FS Software®:
FS2020 converted version initially done by Capt22
Youtube (Channel:MultiGamer 0822) / Discord
The old version by him can still be downloaded here in case you need. There are several breaking changes for liveries, but you can convert them using the converter provided in the download page. (NO GUARANTEE for successful conversion). You can still use the paintkit from virtualcol for creating new textures, but the file extensions have been changed from ".dds" to ".png.dds"
Thanks to marajin for helping to improve the flight dynamics.
As MS already announced that there will be a new payware ATR series released next year, I was thinking about the future of this mod. I've decided to put the codes (without 3D models and textures for copyright restrictions) for this mod to be managed by GitHub, which allow all of you to submit your improvements, but you are advised to have test flights in challenging airports like Paro and Toncontin to prove the performance of your modifications. Here are the repositories of the mod and the converter:
* I don't have a VR device to fix any problems related to views on VR, any help is appreciated *