One of the most important additions for me as a creator has arrived in Microsoft Flight Simulator. The White Star Line ship package, cruise ships that crossed the seas a hundred years ago in every possible luxury. In this package I bring the most famous passenger ship in the world, the RMS Titanic, and its brothers, RMS Olympic and RMS Brittanic and the RMS Carpathia, which played a fundamental role in the rescue of the survivors of the sinking of the Titanic. In this package you will also meet the Tug Boat Hercules, who had an incredible life of action on the west coast of the USA, at the same time as the British titanic giants. The addition of the Tug Boat Hercules fills a gap in need of a Tug Boat from this era. It will be placed alongside ocean liners in a future update fulfilling their role as tractor boats.
CHANGELOG v1.3 - 10/09/2022:
- Fixed incorrect navigation speed and fuel consumption on ships that caused the engine to shut down after a few minutes in the water.
- Added traffic from the RMS Titanic departing Southampton 12:05 (UTC) and arriving at NY 9:30 (UTC).
CHANGELOG v1.2 - 05/03/2022:
- Added functions panel in co-pilot cockpit of RMS Olympic and RMS Titanic
- Added Mooring Ropes and Tug Boats animation on RMS Olympic and RMS Titanic
CHANGELOG v1.1 - 27/04/2022:
- Added lifeboat launch crane animations on RMS Brittanic
- Fixed RMS Brittanic floor deck A texture
- Detailed interior
- Start anywhere in the world over water
- Night lights
- Water trails instantly when on the go
- Smoke particles
- Friendly fps
- Total download file - 560mb
HOW TO INSTALL:
Locate the Microsoft Flight Simulator installation folder
You need to find and open the folder called Community
Copy the three folders "Marine RM White Star Line", "Marine RM White Star Line Brittanic", "Marine RM White Star Line Carpathia" and "Marine RM White Star Line Tug Boat" you just extracted into the Community folder
Start the game and the RMS Titanic will be on livery menu change of the RMS Olympic ship, RMS Brittanic, RMS Carpathia and Tug Boat Hercules will be in your hangar ready to sail!
HOW TO PLAY:
Start the game at the headland of some seaplane runway, put the engine on 100% and wait a few seconds for the ship to start moving. The water trails and smoke will start with the slowest speed you are on the Destroyer and Battleship. These ships do not have a reverse engine for the time being, but this will be implemented in an upcoming update. Click L to activate an overnight navigation beacon. Quickly activate and deactivate the landing gear to honk. It is possible to start anywhere in the world on water, read the last paragraph of the following section to understand how.
- Activate or deactivate the flaps lever to activate the lifeboat launch animation on the RMS Brittanic
IMPORTANT TO KNOW:
This add-on will continue to be developed for improvements such as: Interior improvements, functional gauges, improved navigation physics and corrected lighting. Soon all models will receive this and more updates. The amount of water trails is limited by Asobo for now, when this limitation is removed from the SDK boats will have more sprays on the front and sides.
The speed of all boats is limited to less than 40kts for water stability reasons.
When starting the departure, the ship may appear stuck in the water or sinking. This is because the SDK does not recognize the 3D model of the boat as an entire object, regardless of the contact points. For now, a solution to this is to press the "Y" KEY to enter and press it again to exit Yoke Mode to correctly position the ship in the water. This will definitely be improved soon.
Don't start cold, a boat's starter function is unrealistic without a panel. Water waves can start out "hard", with a strange texture. This changes gradually during the game, when turning in any direction.
The following improvements will be added in the next update:
- Titanic, Olympic and Brittanic floor texture correction
- Correction of Carpathia height in relation to water
- Addition of White Star Line pier for boarding
- Conflicts with third-party smoke effects can sometimes cause ship smoke effects to malfunction. If this occurs, simply restart navigation in a more distant location or without ship traffic. This is under review and will also be fixed as soon as possible.
Editor's Note: The RMS Carpathia was operated by the Cunard Line, but for the purpose of better identification on the MSFS and the White Star Line and Cunard Line having merged in 1934, I decided to place the RMS Carpathia under the operator name White Star Line.
- CPU: Intel i5 9600K.
- RAM: 16 GB.
- OS: Windows 10 64-bit.
- VIDEO CARD: NVIDIA GTX 1050 Ti.
- PIXEL SHADER: 5.1.
- VERTEX SHADER: 5.1.
- DEDICATED VIDEO RAM: 2 GB.
- STORAGE: HDD.
More Products by Marine RM
Discover more products from this developer.