USS George H.W. Bush (CVN-77) is the tenth and final Nimitz-class supercarrier of the United States Navy. The carrier entered operations in 2009 and it currently operates from its homeport in Naval Station Norfolk, Virginia. We created a very detailed representation of USS George H.W. Bush functional with any aircraft on MSFS.
- Incredible level of detail on the modeling of the CVN-77 USS George H.W. Bush Carrier, with full PBR texturing.
- Functional catapult and arrestor cables, with selectable launch speed and stop time according to the aircraft. This feature works with any payware or freeware aircraft, from a fighter jet to a B747.
- 7 spawnable static locations around the Earth
- We will add any location you want for FREE! Email us with the coordinates, and we will place an aircraft carrier on that location for no additional cost.
- Additional landable ships, such as Frigates, are placed around the carrier.
- Static Aircraft, including the F-35 and the F/A-18
Out of the box, the product includes 7 static, spawnable locations. This means that the carriers do not move (MSFS limitation), and flights can be started from the carrier. The carrier will be visible as a starred scenery on your MSFS map. We have created custom
ICAOs for the different locations:
- UGB1: Port of Origin (Norfolk)
- UGB2: South of Key West
- UGB3: Sea of Japan
- UGB4: Persian Gulf
- UGB5: South Mediterranean Sea
- UGB6: Gulf of Aden
- UGB7: South China Sea
See the exact locations here: https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/6/edit?mid=1qL95dTj0eBUiAfBO1giLQkeR27z5t7DE&usp=sharing. We will add any location of your preference for free. Email us with the coordinates and your proof of purchase, and we will add a carrier to that location within 24 hours.
CARRIER LAUNCHER SOFTWARE (Catapult and Arrestor)
We include with the product a fully functional SimConnect kinematics software to simulate the catapult and arrestor dynamics on an aircraft carrier.
- Run the Carrier Launcher software (shortcut on your desktop)
- Launch MSFS and place any aircraft on the aircraft carrier. Taxi to any of the catapult locations.
- Connect the Carrier Launcher software to your sim by clicking "Connect"
- Select your takeoff speed, or type your own.
- Set parking brakes and maximum thrust. Click on "Ready to Launch"
- Release parking brakes and see your aircraft quickly accelerate to the selected speed.
- Make sure your Carrier Launcher is connected to the sim (if not, click "Connect")
- Select the full stop time, or type your own. The faster the aircraft, the shorter the full stop time it is. For example, for a fighter jet, a 1s full stop time is ideal.
- Click on "Extend Tailhook" and land normally. The aircraft will decelerate quickly. Assist with braking as required.
Our Carrier Launcher is a custom derivative of Kinetic Assistant by Touching Cloud, licensed under an MIT license.
Our product currently has a few limitations to take into consideration due to the current state of MSFS's SDK.
- Carriers are all static objects. We have no plans to make them move since this is not possible with MSFS's SDK. Airports have fixed coordinates.
- The product does not have animations. This means that the aircraft elevators and jet blast doors do not move. Currently, animations cannot be triggered by the user.
- The carriers have uncontrolled ATC. There is an ATC frequency for each, but these work as an uncontrolled airport (UNICOM). AI traffic does not visit this airport anyways.
- Carrier operations are basic. Do not expect carrier personnel to interact with the aircraft - user-triggered interactions are still not possible.
- Crash Detection must be off at all times, otherwise, you might have issues using the product.
- Microsoft Flight Simulator
- We recommend at least 6GB of VRAM.
Product related support is available. Any questions can also be emailed to [email protected] - in usual cases, the developer will reply within 48 hours.