Coming to Microsoft Flight Simulator an amazing pack featuring two highly detailed boats with user-friendly controls, detailed interior, refined textures, water trails, night lights and custom sounds. They are: Mercury, an agile and fast powerboat with a 1900hp V8 engine and Ilhabela, a charming Luxury Yacht with a top deck made of crystal for daylight navigation.
GENERAL UPDATE 7 - v1.3: 10/11/2022 - Speedboat Mercury Enhancement Pack:
- Navigation light repositioned
- Updated navigation physics
- improved engine
- New propeller and rudder animations
- speed animation
GENERAL UPDATE 6 - v1.2: 02/11/2022
- Added analog RPM, oil pressure and speed gauges
- Added rotating steering wheel
- Added animated power lever
- Fixed navigation lights
GENERAL UPDATE 5 - v1.1: 01/25/2021
- Added propeller rotation and radar animations
- functional displays with GPS and navigation
- Water balance
- Detailed interior
- Start anywhere in the world over water
- Night lights
- Water trails instantly when on the go
- Friendly fps
COMING SOON: Animations
- Total boats extracted - 279 MB
HOW TO INSTALL:
- Locate the Microsoft Flight Simulator installation folder
- You need to find and open the folder called Community
- Copy the two folders "Marine RM Mercury" and "Marine RM Ilhabela" you just extracted into the Community folder
- Start the game and the Mercury and Ilhabela boats will be in your hangar ready to sail!
HOW TO PLAY:
Start the game at the headland of some seaplane runway, put the engine on 100% and wait a few seconds for the boat to start moving. The water trails start with the slowest speed you are. Boats do not have a reverse engine for the time being, but this will be implemented in an upcoming update. Click Ctrl + L to activate an overnight navigation beacon. Quickly activate and deactivate the landing gear to honk. It is possible to start anywhere in the world on water, read the last paragraph of the following section to understand how.
IMPORTANT TO KNOW:
- This add-on will continue to be developed for improvements. Soon all models will receive this update.
- The amount of water trails is limited by Asobo for now, when this limitation is removed from the SDK boats will have more sprays on the front and sides.
- The speed of powerboat is limited to less than 70kts for water stability reasons.
- Don't start cold, a boat's starter function is unrealistic without a panel.