Improvement mod for the Aeroplane Heaven DC-3 included with any version of MSFS.
This project aims to provide a more realistic experience when flying the legendary Douglas DC-3 in MSFS.
Current improvements (work in progress) :
- reworked flight and engine model
- replaced windshield windows detail map, and main instrument panel with more accurate and high res textures
- custom auto-rich/lean mixture system
- default camera position adjusted to a more usable position for most setups
- instrument views reworked with five more added for a total of ten (list available under notes at the bottom of this page)
- fuel consumption adjusted to fit real-world numbers
- custom engine start-up logic
- manual supercharger control
- carb heat indications fixed
- oil temperature and pressure reworked
- openable cockpit door
- cold&dark and quick start switches replaced with Avionics Master and Beacon Light switches.
- heading select enabled for the retrofitted versions
- auxiliary tank fix
- improved start-up smoke effects
- cockpit quick-views fix
- adds a heat blur effect to the engine exhaust
- fuel booster pump sound events corrected
- internal cockpit lighting rework
- initial external lights rework (credit to @Delta2k5)
- PR, DE, JP, ES, and IT localization fixes (by LincolnCFCruz, St54Kevin, cubna4, nataliacd1972 )
- ... plus some minor tweaks and fixes with more to come in the future.
Copy or extract the content of the archive to your community folder.
Drop by the Duckworks discord for further assistance, and bug or testing reports. If you wish to have a version with a specific feature removed, also feel free to ask on discord, where you can also grab more previous releases.
To be able to use the auto/sperry pilot you need to put the engine pump selector (blue lever) in the forward position.
Custom instrument views:
1 - Pilot Panel
2 - Middle Panel
3 - Copilot Panel
4 - Pedestal
5 - Under Pedestal
6 - Overhead
7 - Sperry Pilot / GPS console
8 - Cowlings / Hydr Pressure
9 - Hydraulic Levers
Custom local variables:
If you have rudder pedals and split throttles and would like to try realistic ground handling / free-castering tailwheel optional modification visit us on discord.