Vertigo is your swiss army knife in the skies. She can do it all: cruise world tours in absolute comfort, STOL the shortest strips in a challenging environment or fly - and win - air races. Inspired by Mike Patey's "Turbulence", she has the same blood running through her veins: the legendary PT6A 850HP turbine engine. Add to that a 6 bladed constant speed prop plus a composite airframe and you've got a competitive racer.
Vertigo runs on jet fuel, has a topspeed of 365kts, can climb at 12,000fpm and rolls at 150 degrees per second.
She can go nearly vertical right after take-off and still accelerate. Or cruise great distances in comfort and style.
At her core you'll find a heavily retrofitted JMB VL-3, an ultralight and fully composite experimental aircraft able to withstand g-forces of +15/-8.
Pilot, fasten your harness. And welcome to the world of Vertigo!
- Pratt & Whitney 850HP PT6A-42a turbine
- 6-bladed 6-foot constant speed composite MT propeller
- 16 professionally designed sporty liveries and interiors
- 31,000ft service ceiling
- Topspeed of 365kts
- At 50% torque at FL200 you'll fly at 270kts IAS or 357kts TAS and have a 1,000nm range
- Climb at 12,000fpm or more
- Enlarged tanks (2 x 50 gallons)
- Upgraded VL-3 fuel selector: now also has "Both" besides Left, Right and Off
- Fantastic ground handling
- Use flap 1 as speed brakes below 180kts
- Execute the Knife-Edge move!
- Pressurized cabin
- Windshield de-icing
- Fully simulated electrical system
If you have the WT G3X mod you will also get:
- Automatic Flight Control System (Autopilot)
- Automated Pitot Heat
The optional GTN750 is also supported for the MFD (right display). For installation, please follow the instructions in the "Vertigo and GNS750.txt" in the download.
❤️ BE A SUPPORTER ❤️
Enjoying this speed beast? Vertigo is free and always will be, however creating a mod like this takes a lot of love, time and effort.
To support my work check out the Gee Bee R3 Special, an original aircraft by Got Friends (Jonx, 270 Inc and Got Gravel). It's only $15 but I promise you're gonna love this highly capable aerobatic aircraft!
You may of course also use one of these links:
GOT GRAVEL DISCORD SERVER
Join our vibrant community of fun-loving aviators (2000 members):
- Bush Flying
- Air Races
- Formation Flying
- Flight Plans
- Delete older versions of the Vertigo mod, if any.
- Extract the ZIP file.
- Drag the folder named gotgravel-vertigo directly into the Community folder.
- Restart the sim.
You'll find Vertigo in your hangar next to the default VL-3.
If done correctly, your folder structure should look like this:
/Community /gotgravel-vertigo /Effects /RTC /SimObjects /WeatherPresets /Official
How to find the Community folder?
If you changed the default location of packages, it’s the simplest because you should find a Community sub folder in it.
For Steam, it should be located in C:\Users\ [Computer Name]\ AppData\ Local\ Packages\ Microsoft.FlightDashboard_8wekyb3d8bbwe\ LocalCache\ Packages\ Community
For Windows Store C:\Users\ [Computer Name]\ AppData\ Local\ Packages\ Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\ LocalCache\ Packages\ Community
Vertigo comes with a full set of custom interactive MSFS checklists, but here are the essentials to get you in the air and back again.
- Master Switch > ON
- Avionics Switch > ON
- Strobe Lights > ON
- Engine Key > Start
- Wait for engine NG 20%
- Throttle > Idle
- Parking brake > ON
- Trim > Neutral
- Fuel Valve > Left (L), Right (R) or Both (B)
- Turbine Ignition > ON then OFF
- Wait for engine NG 50%
- Landing Lights > ON as appropriate
- Flaps > 0 or 1
- Throttle > About 25% torque
- Rotate at 70kts
- Retract gear before 140kts
- Retract flaps before 180kts
- Punch it and go vertical
- Fuel Valve > Alternate Left (L) / Right (R) every 15 minutes unless Both (B) is selected
- Flaps 2 or 3
- Aim for about 65kts at touch down
- Fuel Valve > Close (0)
- Avionics Switch > OFF
- Master Switch > OFF
HIGHLY RECOMMENDED ADD-ONS
The Reno Air Races mod
The WT G3X mod
Note: required for access to the Autopilot and automated Pitot Heat
I have multiple threads on various flight sim forums and websites (including this one) and it is not possible for me to respond to queries on all of them.
Support is therefor exclusively provided from the Got Gravel Discord Server (https://discord.gg/4f3j4YgNm4) through the "FAQ" and "Support" channels inside the "Information" category.
The FAQ especially is a treasure cove of information covering about 95% of all questions I have seen to date. There is also a button "Frequently Asked" near the top of this page which contains the same useful FAQ.
A very special thanks to the countless test-pilots who have been involved with the Vertigo closed and open beta programme. She would not have been the same without you!