AxisAndOhs is an external application that replaces the controller (=yokes, joysticks, etc) logic in:
- FSX Acceleration, FSX:SteamEdition
- P3D V2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6
- Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020)
- X-Plane 12 (prototype!)
The app supports native Windows USB Game Controller devices, MIDI devices and the Windows voice recognition system. There are additional (free) "Bridge" apps available for more exotic hardware (currently availbale: Elgato StreamDeck, VRI MCP Combo II Boeing, "Knobster").
- Assign axis movement and simulator events to joystick axis or MIDI rotary encoders
- Assign any simulator event to joystick or MIDI buttons
- Access simulator internal LVARs
- Utilize the new MSFS HTML and BVar variables, plus the native Input Events to control for example the buttons on the G1000 units.
- RPN, JScript and VBScript scripting: by creating your own scripts, it is possible to trigger more complex functionality with a single button than is normally possible with native simulator events.
- Mouse controlled yoke, rudder, throttle or spoilers axis, with trim (in MSFS too)
- Voice recognition, AxisAndOhs can make use of the Windows Voice Recognition system as an input device for button events or scripts
- TextToSpeech: With RPN scripts you can utilize the Windows TextToSpeech system to make AxisAndOhs read information to you.
- Custom checklist/conversation system that can be used with TextToSpeech or your own sound samples.
- AxisAndOhs will also handle Saitek Multi, Radio, Switch and Backlit Information panels. Up to 3 Saitek Flight Instrument Panels ("FIP") can be used as well.
- The app includes virtual flight instruments that you can drag anywhere on your desktop (for example to another screen) or view them using a web browser on any device (for example phone or tablet) that is connected to your LAN or WiFi. They use the standard FS XML format, so you can make your own too.
- vJoy Interface. With this interface you can send joystick button and axis events, using the vJoy virtual devices. This can not only be used to control simulator features that are otherwise too complex to reach (for example the MSFS camera controls). The interface is also available in Offline Mode, so AxisAndOhs can be used with every application that accepts the vJoy virtual joysticks. For example, you could utilize your MIDI hardware in your favourite racing sim.
- ViGEm Interface. With this interface you can send gamepad button and axis events to the sim or any other app, in offline mode too.
- CAN interface: AAO now supports CANable and CANhid USB devices.
- API based on standard web technology (XMLHttpRequests and JSONP). It supports sending button events, triggering of simulator event IDs, reading from and writing to simulator variables.
Relevant Freeware Categories on Flightsim.to:
More virtual flight instruments, like web based FMCs/CDUs, Gauges, and Bridge programs utilizing the WebAPI are available as separate free downloads on the AxisAndOhs product website.
PLEASE TRY THE DEMO VERSION FIRST, TO MAKE SURE THAT YOUR HARDWARE IS SUPPORTED!
There will be no refunds, and there won't be any support for non-functional hardware. The DEMO version is available on the AxisAndOhs website: https://axisandohs.weebly.com/downloads.html.