The Discus-2c is a single-seat, high-performance sailplane by German glider manufacturer Schempp-Hirth. The sailplane also comes in a front electric sustainer version (FES). The Discus-2c features composite construction, advanced flight control surfaces for precise control, and a state-of-the-art wing design that maximizes glide performance and aerodynamic efficiency. The 18 meter version has a 28.5 aspect ratio and each version has a top speed of 174 miles per hour. One of the most advanced soaring craft ever developed, the incredible Discus-2c allows aviators to master the heights in the purest form of flight. Stay aloft in the mountains by riding ridge lift, circle into a cloud base on thermals, or just glide along silently on laminar air. The Discus-2c allows aviators to become one with the sky.
OPTIONAL LX-NAV REPLACEMENT PACKAGE:
JackBilbo, an avid Discus-2c Community Member, has developed a very exciting Navigation Replacement Addon. If installed to your Community Folder, this add-on will replace the default Navigation Display in your Discus-2c. This optional add-on is very robust and includes features like Customization Options, Color Grading, Visual Ballast Control, Topology Maps, Advanced Thermal Tracking, Additional Overlay Options, Task Management, Competitive Timers, Visual Polar Sequencing, Precise Unit of Measurement Customization and More! Consider flying with this Replacement Add-on if you are delving into advance gliding and wish to have more customization. His Replacement Package is Drag-n-Drop Ready for your Community Folder.
HOW TO INSTALL:
- BEFORE installation, please delete any Discus-2c or Discus-2b Freeware Packages!
- Locate your Microsoft Flight Simulator installation folder.
- You need to locate and open the folder named "Community."
- Copy the "gotfriends-discus2c-premium" folder you just extracted to the Community folder.
- Read the included Flight Manual for an in-depth look into all the aircraft features.
- Start the game and your Discus-2c and Discus2c FES will be sitting in your hanger ready to fly!
- NEED HELP? Follow this Flightsim.to Tutorial.
- Jonx: XML Coding, Navigation HTML Modifications & Weather Presets
- Got Gravel: Flight Model, Winch Launch HTML, FCU HTML and V8 Variomenter HTML
- twoseventyinc: Liveries, Launch Vehicle Textures, and Material Effects
- MyKrode: Full 3D Modeling (Standard Discus-2c, FES Discus-2c, and Launch Vehicle)
- GurtTractor: Custom Sound Design and Professionally Recorded Elements
- Touching Cloud: Winch Launch Visual Elements, FLARM System, Towplane System, and Supporting Code
- Ian Lewis (B-21): Supporting HTML and Supporting XML Coding
- Flying Hedgehog: Got Friends Glider Club Scenery (Airfield) (ICAO: GTFD)
- JackBilbo: Navigation Modifications (Discus-2c/DG808S NavMod)
- Asobo/Microsoft: General Assets & SDK