DescriptionIn the heart of the deep Spain country side, in the middle of nowhere, where the Don Quijote´s adventures relates, surrounded by high mountains and infinite olive oil, wine, and almond agriculpture plains fields, there is very popular and complete airfield for those who simply loves fly in all of his modalities, without the problems of masification, atc waits, retricted areas, high prices... only freedom with respect.
That´s the reason why people from all europe countries, comes here to fly:
- Soaring - The termics over those fields toasted by the sun offer freedom flights during all the hours you want with only one remount. Pic1 Pic2 Pic3 Pic4 Pic5 Pic6 Pic7 Pic8
- Regular aviation, ultralights and paramotor - Inside the new big hangar you can find every type of aircraft randomly during all the year. Pic1 Pic2 Pic3 Pic4 Pic5 Pic6
- Ultralight school - You can afront and train every kind of situation at the high surrounding mountains, turbulences those strongs wind days, landings and takes offs at the easy sand runway. Or when you have improved your skills, you can try to deal with the narrow and ondulated but long asphalt runway Pic1 Pic2 (not recognized by civil aviation autorities). And deal with the south-east edge of the runway, triying not to fall in to the cliff, trying not to smash any rabbit and respecting the eagles that eat them (there are plague of rabbits after the rainny season), and of course showing your skills over the highway traffic during your landings.
- Sky diving - The company Skydiveontur offers the perfect spot for your solo or tamdem jump with the possibility of inmortalizate it at the social networks.
- Firefighting base - During the summer season there is an airtractor ready 24h to take off to support the possible emergencies in the area and if needed, to the Nationals parks of Calar del Mundo, Sierra del Segura y Sierra de Cazorla.
- Rc flight - Those days without big activity, the Rc boys plays with his big toys at the nearest small runway. The days with more real traffic, they are far away at the top of the hill at the end of the old runway allways listening with the walkie talkie and landing when a big one comes.
- Good food - In the middle of nowhere is the perfect stop for a lunch during your route. Many groups of friends flying stop for refueling airplanes and stomachs at the tasty Chris-Juan´s cantine, barbecue chicken and fresh fish make them to rejoin the route with full energy and happines to perform his own airshows and highspeed low pass after take off, spectacular!
- Bungalows - If you are tired and it´s late, you can rent a complete bungalow with all the comodities at the other side of the runway in the middle of the forest (don´t leave your bad smelling clothes outshide during the night or the foxies will eat it).
It´s an airfield with tons of history and uses, military practicing, racing events, airshows (https://youtu.be/7IWp60Za-0g),... and also accidents Pic1 Pic2 Pic3 Pic4 (it´s important to remember us that this is not a game and pilot and mechanis must be in perfect conditions), and engine robberies (after that, more efficient security system was installed), ... Beeing conscient of all this makes you feel like you are in a special place, and the sensation of fly over it in the sim, would be very enjoyable for every flight lover. It´s the reason why i think it worth the improvement quality that comes with the default autogenerated one and the perfect project for those creators who wants expand his creativity, puting love in what they do, and enjoing sharing with the community.
Location: Province of Albacete - Spain Google maps 38.615332, -1.526078
Nothing more to say for not enlargue this so much xD only say i can provide more detailed photos and aditional textures if needed. Cheers! thanks for reading :)
Photos and information copyright:
Recorriendo Albacete - Jose Antonio López-Francos Diez
Sonia bonet / Alamy Foto de stock
Club de amigos del 600 de Albacete
Ayuntamiento de Ontur
Escuela de ultraligeros Ontur
Centro de Mayores de Hellín
VFR Flight Simulator
Youtube - Francisco Gómez Sanz