During this Bushtrip you will discover the grands sites of Occitanie (top occitania sites). You have 10 legs to fly for a 5 hours trip.
Leaving from Montpellier/Mediterranee airport, you will go to Camargues delta and fly over Arles, then discover Pont du Gard before going up to Cevennes mountains and Larzac plateau. You will see the impressive Millau viaduct and land near famous Airbus plant at Toulouse. You need a rest before going to fly over Pyrenees in France and Spain, visiting medieval city of Carcasonne and finaly landing at Montpellier.
Created using: BushTripInjector
Current Version 0.3.12.549 by BuffyGC
Many thanks to BuffyGC for an excellent tool which he is continuously working to improve.
1) The aircraft used is the Robin DR400-140B Dauphin. Apart from exceptional visibility for sightseeing, this plane features a fuel naturally aspirated, air-cooled, four-cylinder, direct-drive engines. You will start "cold and dark" at Montpellier with 70% fuel. You can refill fuel at airport but don't take too much fuel for the leg number 7 (max 30%).
Regardless of the engine being "naturally aspirated", this is not a racing plane. It is slow to accelerate. Be very careful about your intital climb-out, make sure you have plenty of room to gain a bit of airspeed (pref > 90 knots) before attempting any climbs faster than 100-200 fpm. On leg number 7 when you leave Bagneres-De-Luchon don't hesitate to circle before going to the mountains, you will need at least 8.000 feet to cross the first pass.
2) The Navlog instructions are detailed but you will have to be very careful on the landscape to not get lost. This Bushtrip is a real VFR and the aircraft doesn't have GPS with your position.
1) Montpellier/Mediterranee (LFMT) to Nimes-Garons (LFTW) - Overfly Camargues Delta, medieval city of Aigues-Mortes and city of Arles
2) Nimes-Garons (LFTW) to Ales-Deaux (LFMS) - See famous Pont du Gard bridge
3) Ales-Deaux (LFMS) to Millau-Larzac (LFCM) - Following gorges of the Herault up to Larzac plateau
4) Millau-Larzac (LFCM) to Albi-Le Sequestre (LFCI) - See Viaduc de Millau bridge and follow gorges of the Tarn
5) Albi-Le Sequestre (LFCI) to Toulouse-Blagnac (LFBO) - Follow A68 motorway to Toulouse
6) Toulouse-Blagnac (LFBO) to Bagneres-De-Luchon (LFCB) - From Toulouse to Pyrenees mountains
7) Bagneres-De-Luchon (LFCB) to La Cerdagne (LECD) - Fly over the mountains
8) La Cerdagne (LECD) to Carcasonne-Salvaza (LFMK) - See Canigou peak
9) Carcasonne-Salvaza (LFMK) to Agde-Vias (LFMU) - Follow Canal du Midi channel
10) Agde-Vias (LFMU) to Nimes-Garons (LFTW) - Fly along the beach
1) Robin DR400-140B Dauphin
2) Millau Viaduct
Current Version 1.2 by Thalixte
3) Nimes-Garons (LFTW)
Current Version 2.0 by Sebastien Montagne
4) Arles city
Current Version 1.1 by jeremy160189
5) Carcasonne walled city
Current Version 1.1 by Thalixte
1) LECD La Cerdagne aerodrome