- Updated to correct the aircraft model name displayed when using the DA40 NGX mod.
- Updated thumbnail picture.
- Repaint of the DA40 in the colours of Aviation Academy Austria.
- Textures in 4k for greater detail.
- White prop tips.
- Custom prop blur textures with reduced strobing compared to the MSFS standard aircraft. Prop blur visibility changes with time of day, light direction etc.
- ATC contact uses correct registration number.
Just copy the folder in this zipfile to your MSFS "Community" folder.
Compatible with both the MSFS standard DA40-NG and the DA40-NGX Improvement Mod, which I recommend. You can find this mod by searching for "DA40-NGX" (without the quotes) using the search feature at this top of this screen.
- Asobo introduced a number of errors into the DA40 visual model with the update to version 184.108.40.206, resulting in black rectangles appearing on the body as you zoom out in external view. Also the surround of the PFD is missing on the interior. These visual errors will occur if you are using the MSFS default DA40-NG, but will not occur if you are using the DA40-NGX Improvement Mod, as it utilises the pre-update visual model.
- The aircraft registration of the other aircraft is part of the aircraft textures, to allow a custom font style/colour. As a result you can’t change the registration to one of your own on this repaint.
- If you haven’t modified the aircraft.cfg file but still find 2 registrations appearing on the aircraft fuselage, check if you have a registration value set in ATC options (available when selecting an aircraft). Remove any values you find there to prevent any registration duplication on this aircraft.
You can contact me on the Microsoft forums under user BilingualHarp7 and the thread created for the release of my aircraft repaints. https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/da40-and-da62-repaints/330987.
For greater realism I have ATC communication using truncated registration, as is common in many parts of the world. ie ATC refers to OE-DAF as "DAF". This does mean that the full rego is never used in ATC communication. You can change this by adding the full registration to the "Flight number" field in the aircraft.cfg file.
These repaints are provided free of change and are not to be repurposed for inclusion with any commercial package or uploaded to another site without my permission. The use of the downloaded repaints is done at your own discretion and risk and with agreement that you will be solely responsible for any damage to your computer system or loss of data that results from such activities.